X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Resharpening

I have quite the collection of TS blades (11, to be exact) that have slightly dipped below my quality threshold. Gosh, I hate to spend $40 or $60 a pop on another one and was wondering if anyone had experience resharpening blades. Are they of at least approximately the same quality? Is there a place to ship them to be resharpened? Are these places reliable? DeWalt will do it but NOT with Rigid blades (I was shocked).

I would very much appreciate any advice on this and any recommendations on where in particular I might get this done.

Gracious Thanks,
    Zeno
    “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Check your local yellow pages for saw sharpening. Most places are now equiped to do carbide (I assume that is what you are talking about). I have had very good results with resharpened carbides. HTH
    Jim

Comment

If you can't find anything in the Yellow Pages check with a local hardware store or lumber yard. By lumber yard, I don't mean HD or Lowes. Many hardware stores and lumber yards work with sharpening services to broker their services. Usually you can have your resharpened blades back in about a weeks time. Unless your blades are really cheap it's definately worth it to have them resharpened. The last time I had a blade sharpened it cost me $0.28 a tooth.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Wow....absolutely correct! I found a local NAPA store that resharpens for $0.22/tooth. I am dropping off all 11 blades tomorrow. This Forum totally ROCKS! Thanks for the advice all.

Zeno
        “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

If I may make a suggestion, I would only give them a couple at first, not all 11. That would be expensive and you still dont know the quality of a job you will get from this source.

I have had a few sharpened from a local source with excellent results.

Only a suggestion.

Good Luck,

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit
            If I may make a suggestion, I would only give them a couple at first, not all 11. That would be expensive and you still dont know the quality of a job you will get from this source.

I have had a few sharpened from a local source with excellent results.

Only a suggestion.

Good Luck,
            My thoughts exactly....test the waters!

Comment

I took your advice to heart and gave them an 80 and a 60 tooth blade and just finished testing them. Wow.....just as good as new! The gentleman told me that usually they can only be resharpened twice, which I can understand. Still, a $65 blade for $20 is quite alright for me!

Thanks again for all the great advice.....

Zeno

Comment

Working...
              X