X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Tolpin's table saw jigs

I've been reading through Jim Tolpin's "Table Saw Magic" and am really liking the looks of what I think he calls his "Universal Rip Fence Jig". He's got some rough plans in the book to build this handy looking jig on top of a Biesemeyer fence, but it looks like his stock plans could be pretty easily modified to fit a 3612 fence. I'm curious if anybody else has read this book and if they've built any of his jigs -- specifically the rip fence jig -- for their Ridgid table saw?

Thanks!

I have read that book, but I haven't built any of the jigs in it yet. I don't see any reason why you couldn't modify that jig to work on the 3612's fence - it had the same basic shape as the Bies. It should work very well.

Comment

I just got that book. I was looking thru it yesterday as a matter of fact. I'm kind of a newbie, so I thought his "rough plans" were a little difficult to follow.

There are some similar jigs in 25 Essential Shop Projects (title may be wrong, but something to that effect). The instructions are much clearer IMHO. Also, I have the Jigs & Fixtures Bible on order too. I'm waiting for that to get here, then I'll start making jigs.

Out of curiosity, did you guys also join the Woodworkers Book Club? That's where my books have come from.

Kevin

Comment

Out of curiosity, did you guys also join the Woodworkers Book Club? That's where my books have come from.
        No, I just buy them from discount book suppliers on the Internet in most cases. I don't generally like to have to deal with the process involved with the various clubs (CD's, books, whatever). I don't steer people away from them or anything; they just aren't for me.

Comment

Working...
        X