Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

several hundred included $90 for shipping, ~90 for the base. so a couple of hundred more would be more accurate. either way, cheaper to go with ridgid.

Comment

Thank's for all of the replie's guy's.......
      I walked into the local Wholesale tool last week and the price on the 30" Jet went up a hundred dollars to one thousand.......so much for that one . Had a customer offer his like new Craftsman to me that has been used about four times in trade for some of my work on his home, Mmmmm.
      Yesterday I stopped in Wholesale Tool to drool and asked about the Jet so he got on the phone to Michigan. The guy said "we will make you a good deal on our floor model", I said what are you talking about? He said seven hundred and it's yours. So now I have a 30" Jet Super Saw that is much heavier than my Craftsman ever was.
      The Rigid fence and rails still have a very smooth feeling fence and I did just buy a Rigid shovel that works very well. The lifetime guarantee is extraordinary.
      Does Rigid make a spindle sander?
      Last edited by Speedball; 08-12-2006, 10:22 PM.

Comment

My purchase choice was driven by the Ridgid Fence and the mobile base on the 3650. I need to be able to move the saw around from spot to spot depending on what I'm building at the time. The true test of a good saw is the fence and the trunion in my opinion. The trunion on the 3650 is definately adequate to whatever task I've put it to. The fence is easy to adjust and stays exactly where I put it. The mitre guage is a useful item, since I use it on the band saw and the sander. I got an aftermarket mitre guage for the TS. I would've done the same w/the Grizzly. I got my saw a year ago, and it is perfect. No problems whatsoever with dado stacks.

I love my 3650 and I'm very glad I purchased it instead of the Grizz. While Grizzly makes a very fine table saw, in order to equal the 3650, I'd've had to pay near $2000, and that's without a mobile base. Don't get fooled that stamped steel wings are as good as machined chunks of iron. And the trunion on the less expensive Grizz's just aren't what I'd accept in a table saw.

So...that's why I got the Ridgid. Your mileage may vary.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy
          I love my 3650 and I'm very glad I purchased it instead of the Grizz. While Grizzly makes a very fine table saw, in order to equal the 3650, I'd've had to pay near $2000, and that's without a mobile base.
          $2K?! I'm speechless....are you a member of the flat earth society?

Comment

VASandy,
            Way off topic here but the wife and I finalized our marriage paperwork in your town of Berryville VA and we were married by a minister at his home in Boyce VA (14 years ago May 1, 1992) .......

Comment

Working...
            X