Ts3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts3650

After several weeks research, comparisons between the 3650 and the Delta 36-980, and comments on this forum, I bought a new 3650 yesterday.

It actually takes about 6 hours to completely assemble the saw and check to be sure the blade, fence, miter, etc are operating true. The assembly was as slick as a whistle and everything was in perfect alignment. The biggest surprise came when I finally turned it on. I thought my old ShopSmith was quiet, but the 3650 makes no more noise than our HVAC unit in the basement! I replaced the Ridgid blade with a std. kerf Forrest Woodworker II and made a few cuts in some scrap cherry, pine and poplar. I couldn't be more pleased with the saw. Actually, I'm glad now that the old Rockwell bit the dust.

I do have a couple of comments for anyone planning on buying a 3650. The instructions, although quite good, are not exact. The nomenclature of some hardware does not correspond to the instructions. I have an idea Ridgid changed the blister packs of hardware, but never got around to changing the instructions.

A potential problem is the reference to the use of wrenches in American sizes. The nuts supplied are actually metric (11mm and 12mm primarily). The use of a 1/2 inch wrench on the 12mm nuts will result in rounded corners!

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions in an earlier post to help me decide on the saw that would be best for me. Now all I need to do is find the time to make all the projects my wife has dreamed up while I was assembling the saw!!!!

Glad your happy with your purchase ,i too just bought the woodworker 2 after using the stock blade for about 8 months ,wow what a difference a decent blade makes

Anyways welcome to the forum and we are all looking forward to seeing some pics of the projects the little lady dreams up for you

Nelz

Comment

Originally posted by INTELLICON
      I have an idea Ridgid changed the blister packs of hardware, but never got around to changing the instructions.
      I downloaded an owner's manual off of the support web page and noticed it was more accurate and up-to-date than the paper manual that came with the saw. I would recommend that anyone who buys this saw get the latest version of the manual that way.

Art

Comment

Hey, I finished up putting mine together Tuesday. Putting the saw together was fine. The Herc-u-lift instructions are terrible. In fact, the only time it gives you a screw size to install...its wrong. I had to go back to HD with my digital camera to take photos.
        Kilroy was here!

Comment

I agree Artmann, the online manual is much better than the one that comes with the saw. I just bought my 3650 the first week of July. My first and hopefully last table saw. I also added a Freud Diablo 60t blade and it works like a charm. Enjoy your saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Spudman
            I agree Artmann, the online manual is much better than the one that comes with the saw. I just bought my 3650 the first week of July. My first and hopefully last table saw. I also added a Freud Diablo 60t blade and it works like a charm. Enjoy your saw.
            I've been seeing the Herculift on sale for $30. Plus there are lots of good mobile bases for < $50, and shop made bases for less than that.

Comment

amen to the wrong size/variable size wrenches. the manual specifically says to use a 1/2" wrench when attaching the wings but I rounded off a few corners- they should include a gator grip socket wrench with the blister pack...

Comment

I just finished putting together my new TS3650 and really agonized over the Herc-U-Lift instructions! I hope someone from RIDGID is reading this forum. It cost me about an extra hour of assembly time due to the poorly written instructions. And what's up with all the plastic bags?!

Assembly Manual Suggested Improvements:
                - Match description name of parts in all places in the book.
                - List proper hardware sizes in "Lift" section
                - Describe exactly what is a "small" and a "large" screwdriver
                - Include 10 cent allen wrenches in blister pack
                - Stop suggesting tightening 12mm nuts with 1/2" wrench.

BUT I DO LOVE THIS SAW!!! I am replacing a 15 yr. old Craftsman TS with the 3650. Talk about going from a Yugo to a Cadillac!

Comment

Working...
                X