X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top treatment for TS2400

Is there any kind of top treatement for the aluminum table on the TS2400? There is lots out there for the cast iron tops, but nothing for an aluminum top saw.

Thanks,

John

I don't have an aluminum top saw, but I do use an aluminum insert. I wax it, same as the cast iron. If anything, I have to wax it a little more often, as aluminum will leave black marks on light colored woods if left bare.

Dave

Comment

The top on the TS2400 should not need any treatment, since it is all ready painted. We did that to avoid the black smugging that Dave mentioned. If you would like to run a couple layers of paste wax over the top to help your material slide feel free.

Jake

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JSchnarre:
        The top on the TS2400 should not need any treatment, since it is all ready painted. We did that to avoid the black smugging that Dave mentioned. If you would like to run a couple layers of paste wax over the top to help your material slide feel free.

Jake
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jake,

I've found that my top has gotten a couple of very minor scratches since I've purchased it (minor, but enough where I can see a sliver of the aluminum showing through).

How would you recommend I seal it? A touch up paint with a 0000 brush? waxing?

Bubba.

Comment

Waxing it will work fine, but if you'd like you could get some silver metallic touch-up paint and clean those scratches.

Jake

Comment

Working...
          X