miter guage 3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miter guage 3650

what size bolts do you use on the miter guage to hold an add on fence jig.I dont want to drill holes in the guage,becuase it looks like it would work better the way it is made.

I used ¼" and the length would be determined by the design of the fence you build.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I was wondering about this too. Dave, do 1/4" bolts fit in yours o.k.? I can just get one started in the groove at the top but the grooves narrow down too much for letting them go even half way down. I'm using an Incra V27 so I haven't spend much time messing with it.
      Thanks,
      ken
      Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Ken, actually, the ¼" bolts don't fit into the slot. What I did was just use a washer with each bolt to keep it squared to the slot in the miter guage.

I also recently abandoned the stock miter guage in favor of an Incra 1000SE. I kick myself for not buying an Incra years ago. There is a huge difference between the stock miter guage the after market ones.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Thanks Dave. Yeah, I'm hoping I've been good enough that Santa will upgrade my V27 to a 1000SE.
          Problem is, I want the Incra MiterExpress too, and LOML doesn't think I've been that good!
          ken
          Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by KenM:
            Thanks Dave. Yeah, I'm hoping I've been good enough that Santa will upgrade my V27 to a 1000SE.
            Problem is, I want the Incra MiterExpress too, and LOML doesn't think I've been that good!
            ken
            On sale at woodpeckers as a set which I bought.

Comment

Working...
            X