Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on TS3650 tablesaw (to all those that have one)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on TS3650 tablesaw (to all those that have one)

Hello, first post here and gotta say I like the setup here.

Anyway, I'm building my tablesaw now and I've hit a snag that I'm hoping someone else has hit so I have some idea of what I'm doing wrong. Right now I'm working on the herculift assembly and I'm about to put the U-Bolt through the U-Tube.

It says that these are the hardware items I will need for the herculift mobile base:

2 rear tubes
    1 center brace
    1 unlock pedal assembly
    2 front tubes
    1 tube support
    1 u-bolt tube
    1 u-bolt
    4 swivel casters

The first set of instruction say:

To assemble lower section:
    * Thread flange nuts (nuts face the u-bolt) onto the U-bolt as far as they will go.
    * Slide the U-bolt into the center holes on the u-bolt tube and secure in place using hex nuts.

Now, is it just me or shouldn't my list of hardware include the flange nuts and hex nuts? I haven't a clue as to where these flange nuts and hex nuts are. Do they come from the blister pack or are they packaged seperately? If so, where are the "hex nuts"? The only nuts I see are flange nuts.

Anyway, if you've had a snag like this I'd appreciate a little help.

Thanks!

Hi brooksbuilt welcome to the forum, ALL the hardware is in the blister packs.
    The instructions you recieved with your saw are not worded very well and can be decieving ,most people have said to get the online manual as this version is a lot clearer here is a link for you

http://www.ridgid.com/manuals/englis...0_6498_ENG.pdf

I hope this helps you out

Nelz

Comment

I agree - use the online manual. MUCH BETTER

Comment

Originally posted by nelz
        Hi brooksbuilt welcome to the forum, ALL the hardware is in the blister packs.
        The instructions you recieved with your saw are not worded very well and can be decieving ,most people have said to get the online manual as this version is a lot clearer here is a link for you

http://www.ridgid.com/manuals/englis...0_6498_ENG.pdf

I hope this helps you out

Nelz
        Thanks buddy, I'll have to give it a try.

Really appreciate it.

Comment

To answer your question the u bolt is fastened with 4 flange nuts.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Wow, what a difference the online manual makes over the other one!

Thanks for all the help and I'm just about done assembling the machine. I have family in town so it has been difficult freeing up time to work on it.

This machine has to be one of my best purchases yet. I'm really impressed with the Ridgid brand name.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X