X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herc-u-Lift plus & Craftsman TS ?

Has anyone installed the Herc-u-Lift plus caster set on a Craftsman TS Model No.152.221040 ? The saw is a 3/4 cabinet saw a "Hybrid" saw . heres a link to sears -http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00922104000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBV Cookie=Yes . I purchased the caster set at HD clearance priced at $14.70. The printing date of the herculift plus manual is from 2001 befor the saw was made I think, and its not listed as one of the saws it fits.I'm sure it will fit, if anyone has both the saw and caster set, what measurements were used in putting the lift together?
    Thanks
    Update - I purchased the saw about two weeks ago for $449.99 after $80..00 off "while supplies last" that was a friday evening then that sunday they had a "freinds and family" after hours sale with 10% off anything you bought , so I took my reciept in with me and they honored it and I recieved another 10% off or about another $50.00 off so i got it for about $400.00 . I now see on the web site they have it for $429.00! It's a excellent saw with good reviews . Oh and I ran out to another H D and bought another Herc-u-Lift PLUS for $14.70 , HURRY there running out fast! I got the last one at each H D I went to ,I may run out to a third store at that price you cant go wrong.~OK I went to a 3rd HD and they had 5 Herc-u-Lifts left so I grabbed myself another one.
    Last edited by American and Proud; 08-30-2006, 12:44 AM.

I was in a Sears and looked over the saw you noted. I have both the Herculift and a Herculift Plus. I couldn't see a simple way to use the HL. There aren't any mounting holes in the table saw legs for the mounting plates that attach the HL to Ridgid saws.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998
      I was in a Sears and looked over the saw you noted. I have both the Herculift and a Herculift Plus. I couldn't see a simple way to use the HL. There aren't any mounting holes in the table saw legs for the mounting plates that attach the HL to Ridgid saws.
      In the herc-u-lift manual it states that some saws will need to have holes drilled for mounting puposes, the brackets do fit in the legs , im curious if the same drilling dimentions height wise from the leg botton will be the same and the build size of the framing .
      and thanks for the reply.

Comment

Hello all,
        I bought the Craftsman 22114 (Can't find the 22104 anymore, sold out). I too was wondering about the Herculift for my saw. I don't think drilling holes would be a problem, but can the Herculift handle a 358 lb. tool? Also, I am not familiar with the difference between the Herculift and Herculift plus. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks for any advice,
        Erngum

Comment

Emgum, the Herc-u-Lift mobile base will only fit the Ridgid Table Saws like the TS350, TS3612, TS2424, etc while the more adjustable Herc-u-Lift Plus will fit many different applications. HTH.

As far as the Herc-u-Lift Plus being able to hande a 358 lb. load, I haven't a clue. Maybe someone who has one could look in the manual and see if it states a max weight.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave

As far as the Herc-u-Lift Plus being able to hande a 358 lb. load, I haven't a clue. Maybe someone who has one could look in the manual and see if it states a max weight.
            I just looked at the foot pedal on my Herc-u-Lift Plus and it says do not exceed 300 pounds.
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Thanks for the help,
              I guess I'll be loking at the HTC2000 base (400lb max.)since the Craftsman base does not have leveling posts. My garage slopes slightly, and my saw shudders when powering off from the poor angle. Pity though, my HD has Herc-u-lifts in stock for $29.

Thanks again,
              Erngum

Comment

I fit the herc u lift plus just fine to the saw ,drilled the holes in the legs as needed, added the cast iron wings to my saw got them from sears no holes in them to pinch your fingers. and ran to a few HD's and picked up 5 more at the 14.97 price, i'll give one to my brother save the rest for machines ,i'll be buying. I know there only rated at 300LBS. but im not moving the saw around much just wanted to be able to if needed, seems to lift and hold securely . (Oh and anyone know when HD will have a sale on the Ridgid Jointer and the band saw? and how id get the 10% off thing in combo WITH a sale on them(without getting a HD credit card?) Thanks.
                Originally posted by American and Proud
                Has anyone installed the Herc-u-Lift plus caster set on a Craftsman TS Model No.152.221040 ? The saw is a 3/4 cabinet saw a "Hybrid" saw . heres a link to sears -http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00922104000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBV Cookie=Yes . I purchased the caster set at HD clearance priced at $14.70. The printing date of the herculift plus manual is from 2001 befor the saw was made I think, and its not listed as one of the saws it fits.I'm sure it will fit, if anyone has both the saw and caster set, what measurements were used in putting the lift together?
                Thanks
                Update - I purchased the saw about two weeks ago for $449.99 after $80..00 off "while supplies last" that was a friday evening then that sunday they had a "freinds and family" after hours sale with 10% off anything you bought , so I took my reciept in with me and they honored it and I recieved another 10% off or about another $50.00 off so i got it for about $400.00 . I now see on the web site they have it for $429.00! It's a excellent saw with good reviews . Oh and I ran out to another H D and bought another Herc-u-Lift PLUS for $14.70 , HURRY there running out fast! I got the last one at each H D I went to ,I may run out to a third store at that price you cant go wrong.~OK I went to a 3rd HD and they had 5 Herc-u-Lifts left so I grabbed myself another one.

Comment

Working...
                X