6" Jointer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6" Jointer

I am looking for a 6" jointer and the Ridgid appears to be a very good unit for the price.

Looking for reviews/opinions from actual users of the Ridgid Jointer and why you would or would not recommend it.

THANKS

Peter
    -Peter W. Lent<BR>PMi Solutions<BR>www.pmisolutions.net

Peter--from what I've seen and heard from owners, it's a good jointer. The only down side is it sits a little lower than most tables. Other than that, mixed reviews on Ridgid's customer service.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave.

Well rumor has it the Lowes is doing a 20% off Power Tools starting tomorrow, and that means that HD will match it.

So if I can get the Ridgid Jointer for 20% off, I bet that makes it a pretty good deal.

THANKS

Peter
      -Peter W. Lent<BR>PMi Solutions<BR>www.pmisolutions.net

Comment

I love my JP6010. but I have the old model
        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Hello,

I bought the Jointer, and worked for weeks trying to adjust it, and just could not get it to cut flat. However, I had noticed that I had to push and pull pretty hard to get the holes to line up when assembling the stand. I returned it to HD and exchanged it for another new one, with no problem. This one went together very nicely, and works well. I still seem to get a slight bow in the cut sometimes, though I think that feed rate and pressure play a part in this, and it takes practice to get consistent results. All in all, I would recommend it.

Comment

I have the older grey model and I love it. I am thrilled everytime I have to use it. So far I ran about 150bf of pine and it still runs like a charm. I had no problems setting it up. Only recently did I put a top coat on the beds and what a difference it made. Slides much better. I don't know what difference there is with the new orange model. My opinion...take it home and let the kid rise up in you!
            Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

Comment

I have one of the new orange models but it is truly a great machine for the money. You won't be sorry. here is a link to a review done on the older gray model Ridgid JP0610: Review Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X