Melamine construction?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melamine construction?

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to fasten Melamine? The project will be a platform bed made up of modular pieces that I will need to build. I was thinking of using glue & biscuits. But what type of glue? Or is there a better method when using Melamine?
    Thanks

There may be a problem using biscuits as carpenters glue probably will not adhere where the sufaces meet, rather, only the biscuit contact point will adhere. I've used coarse thread dry wall screws and pilot holes with success. Problem is the screws may show, but there are color coordinated caps available from several sources. Pocket hole scews will also work. In most items, like bookshelves and cabinets sold commercially, screw studs and cam locks are usually used. Although this requires a little more patience during construction, it does afford the ability to diassemble the project, should the need arise. HTH.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

They make a special scew for it. Don't know the name of it though.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Glue -- Under the "what's new" tab

Screws

Comment

Home Depot carries the screws made for the melamine panels. They come with cover caps to hide the heads

Comment

Working...
          X