X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All in one cutter from Craftsman??

I have been looking at the All-in-one cutting tool offered by Craftsman. Does anyone know about the quality of this tool? I think you can find this tool at www.Sears.com

[ 12-11-2004, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: buctooth ]
    <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Can you post a link so we know what you are refering to. I found this one from Canadian Tire to be a better value, and I try the Sears one first
    CTC Spin Saw

Comment

buctooth----on your second post asking about Craftsman----for real woodworking, there is a whole wide world out there, far above Craftsman in quality and price. Craftsman has been getting worse and worse in their quality for years, and still charges prices equal to much better tools by other name-brand companies.

As to hand power tools, look at some of the Ridgid corded, DeWalt, Porter Cable, etc. Cordless---Mikita, DeWalt, Milwaulkee, etc. Stationary---Delta, Jet, Grizzly, General---and some of the Ridgid (dril press, OSS, jointer).

I have and love my Craftsman table saw and sanding center--but they were both made in an era when Craftsman tools meant something----sadly, no longer the case.

Just remember, the most expensive tool is the one you have to buy twice, because you bought junk the first time.
      Dave

Comment

Hey, wbrooks, I like the Mastercraft saw. I went to see about the cost of the saw with shipping on top, but there is only one problem.... they only ship to Canadian provinces!!! I don't live in Canada! Another dead-end road!!

[ 12-17-2004, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: buctooth ]
        <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Comment

If you're talking about the "All in One Cutting Tool" (Model No. 183.172540), I have one and it works very well.

Comment

I got the all-in-one cutting tool for christmas, and am satisfied. But is it supposed to make all that noise cutting through wood????? My mom told me it sounded like I was grinding teeth! I also got a defective product. It has a short in the switch because sometimes I turn it on and nothing happens, and it shuts off while I am cutting and stuff too.

Comment

Working...
            X