X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenonning Jig for TS2400

I'm not sure, but I think that's what they call them.

It's the device that allows a piece of wood stock to ride perpendicular to the table.

Is one available for the TS2400? Didn't see one in the options or accessories available.

Thanks

Ridgid does not make one, Delta does and you would have to sand the bar abit to get it to fit There is also one available from Garrett Wade tool catalog. You can also make one, there are plans on line, just do a search
    Semper Fi <BR>Chuck<BR>USMC 66-70

Comment

Thanks for the info on that. I found a couple of options online.

1) $90-110: Buy the delta jig and either sand it down or use a converter http://shop.store.yahoo.com/bestwood...tenjigcon.html
      [img]

2) $20: Build your own jig... (I couldn't fine a set of free plans online. if you know of a url, please post one) http://store.yahoo.com/plansnow/tenon.html

Guess what I'm doing? #2 of course. Plus it would be a fun project. I may buy the miter guage rod from Ridgid to give me a solid piece that slides in the table and won't wear as much with use.

It's kinda silly that they sell the plans for the tenoning jig unit. Looks simple enough to build from scratch once you see the unit. Saying that, I'm sure something will bite me as I build it and I'll understand why they sell the plans.

Comment

The next issue of ShopNotes has plans for ten of the most useful jigs as a supplement. The first one is a tennoning jig that straddles the fence. I'll be making one this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.
        xman
        It\'s all in the name: Bucheron (FR)= woodchopper

Comment

Bubba,I think you would be better off to buy the plans. Here's another link:
          http://store.yahoo.com/woodsmithstore/shopjigs.html

For $12.95 you get the plans *and* the hardware. This is one of the most popular jigs to come out of Shopnotes/Workbench magazine. If it's like most of their kits, you actually get the back issue magazine and the hardware. The hardware can sometimes be kind of hard to find if they have used some specialty items. I have been over to the Woodsmith store in Des Moines and have seen this jig. It's very well thought out. If I didn't already have the Delta version this is the one I would have gone with. I built their box joint jig and it really works slick. I have always found that it is easier to modify an existing plan than to come up with the original (cause I'm lazy). As the old ad slogan goes "Try it, you'll like it".

Forgot to mention the miter bar. Incra makes an inexpensive adjustable miter bar. Made out of aluminum and can be easily adjusted to fit your miter slot. If you don't go this route, just make it out of hardwood. Doubtful you'll ever wear it out.

[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: Hergy ]
          Dick

Comment

Bubba,

I got a good plan in an insert in my first issue of ShopNotes. I made it and it works relatively well. It straddles the fence as Bucheron says.

I would suggest you subscribe to ShopNotes, get the first issue for free (which will come with an insert containing a number of jigs) and, if you don't like it, just cancel.

Comment

Xman
              What issue number was the Shop Notes that the jigs are in? I looked and didn't find it.
              Thanks

Comment

I think it's issue #59. Just came in the mail.
                xman
                It\'s all in the name: Bucheron (FR)= woodchopper

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bucheron:
                  I think it's issue #59. Just came in the mail.
                  xman
                  <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have issue 59 and I don't have plans in there for a Tenonning jig... what page do you see them on?

Comment

Hey guys, just a footnote...My Delta Tenoning Jig works GREAT on my TS2424 Saw. I think the sanding that was mentioned might have to do with the fact that the delta can accomodate a T-slot miter slot like the Delta saws. However, when assembling the jig you are given the option of whether to install the washers that fit in the T-sot or not thus configuring the jig for a conventional slot like we have on the Ridgid. You also must set up the jig to work with your saw's tilt direction which is easy enough. I like the Delta jig because it has a lot of heft, rides smoothly in the slot and holds the workpiece rock solid. It also can cut a number of different styles of tenons and instructions for each are included. Is it any wonder the Norm uses his so often! Oh, BTW, $89.00 at the Home Depot. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    - Tim

Comment

Working...
                    X