I have owned a BS 1400-2 for a while now that has always had a vibration problem. Today I decided to fix it. After removing the blade, the belt and the wheel brush I spun the wheels and just as I thought they were out of balance. After spinning and drilling a 1/4" hole in the heavy spot on the wheel it runs like a singer sewing machine now. I had to drill around 12 holes in the web of each wheel. This thing runs so smooth now it even passes the nickel test. What is amazing is all the holes I drilled are between two of the wheel spokes on each wheel. I find it hard to believe the a company like Ridgid would allow such shoddy workmanship on an other wise great tool.
No announcement yet.
Today I was bored