X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid orange paint

Have any of you found a matching orange for the Ridgid line? I was using Valspar, American Traditions, Harvest Orange at Lowe's but they seem to have dropped the color - I've checked three stores. How 'bout the deep gray color?

TIA,
    Chiz
    Later,
    Chiz

Our local Sherman Williams paint store has a machine that can read colors. If you bring in a piece of just about anything that is the color you want, they can scan that piece and create a formula that will produce that color or one very close to it.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yea, I do recall that now that you bring it up, Dave. was really hoping to find this in a spray can since my spray gun technique, including thinning, generally stinks - LOL (but still the truth).

Later,
      Chiz
      Later,
      Chiz

Comment

Re: Ridgid orange paint

It's been a few months since I originally posted this so I thought I try again, in case the knowledge base has widened LOL. I still haven't found a match as good as the Harvest Orange.

TIA,
        Chiz
        Later,
        Chiz

Comment

I have sent Ridgid 4 emails in the past couple years about the gray paint and have never gotten a reply.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

You can almost feel the love, can't ya Dan?! Sometimes I worry that their woodworking line will last.
            Later,
            Chiz

Comment

You might want to check with a auto body paint supply shop. My local auto paint supply shop can mix any color and they put it in large aerosol cans for a nominal fee...

Comment

fi you go to the hardware store look for O.S.H.A. orange in the spray paint section it is pretty darn close if not a perfect match
                American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

I knew there had to be a reasonable answer. Thanks for the input, gents!!
                  Laer,
                  Chiz
                  Later,
                  Chiz

Comment

Did you find it ?
                    American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

Awww come on... ya know there is love here. We just never saw the thread. I will try and dig up the info you are looking for. I highly doubt anyone in the building can suggest and exacty match in spraypaint for those colors. I could give you Hex code (electronic code) but that wouldnt help much.

Ill see what I can do.

Josh

Originally posted by ironhat View Post
                      You can almost feel the love, can't ya Dan?! Sometimes I worry that their woodworking line will last.

Comment

The OSHA orange is close but not as good as the Valspar Harvest Orange. I guess I'll make to with that. I found an off-brand of flat black that is the closest thing I've found to match the odd gray. I can't even recall where I bought it (smooth move on my part). You should have seen me running back and forth in HD match the can to the equipment. I would be so sure that I had a match that I didn't take two or three with me. Oh well, such is life.
                        Later,
                        Chiz
                        Later,
                        Chiz

Comment

ironhat, did you find what you needed. I am having no luck finding the colors in spray paint. Getting the color mixed would be pretty easy but spray paint is a different story.

Josh

Comment

I want a match for the old gray. I aint haulin my tablesaw into the paint store to match it up!
                            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                              I want a match for the old gray. I aint haulin my tablesaw into the paint store to match it up!
                              But Dan, one of the nicest features of the TS2400 is its ease of mobility from one location to the next.
                              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                              X