X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rgh

Can someone please explain to me what the abbreviation rgh. means, as in 14" rgh?
    Last edited by danimal1208; 09-10-2006, 07:41 AM.

Sounds like a missprint. What are you talking about being 14"?

Comment

Need more context but perhaps rgh = right?

Comment

With the little information given I think it means Relative Gauge Height, as in the variance in elevation between two points measured in inches, in this case it appears to be inches of water.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

If it's used as a description could it stand for rough as in 14" rough cut?
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

hope you're not referring to a 14'' ruff in.

the standard residential tank type toilet is ruffed in at 12'' from the finished wall surface. (commercial flushometer toilets at 10'')

at 14'' you'll have enough space for a magazine rack behind the toilet

a 14'' toilet or 10'' toilet is far and few between. "toto" makes a universal flange that allows for their high end toilets to adapt to 10'' or 14''.

so all that's left is some input from the electricians. maybe it's the height of an electrical plug.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

"so all that's left is some input from the electricians"

Rick, it can't be electrical, sparkys don't have anything close to 14" in their shorts
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

did a little snooping

so ya making some fancy sawhorses

it's the "ruff" length.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Rgh

Not too fancy, but only have a one car garage, which is already filling up with various unnecessary to anybody but me stuff like table saw, drill press (yesterday's purchase, the 1550), a router (small but still takes up room). I need to be able to break down the horses, but I'm making them more to get my hands dirty with making stuff, I'm kind of new to all this, but love the stuff that goes along with the hobby. Thanks to all for the answers on rgh. I like the comment about electricians the most, and I'm not fitting in a rough in toilet, its already roughed in, just need the commode and sink and my kids will stop bugging they have to go up stairs when nature calls.

Comment

Abb

Danimal1208 - I find this site very useful and trying to figure out what everyone is saying on forums. In this case "RGH" doesn't come up with a typical acronym, so maybe a typo. Bookmark the link because I've found it very helpful. Regards, Justin

http://www.acronymfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                    X