Dust Collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Collection

Has anyone tried "The Boot" for their 3650?
    http://store.thesawshop.com/catalogu...products_id=88

$40 ! Even though it's Canadian dollars that's still a lot. You can accomplish the same thing for much less with a couple of pieces of 1/4" hardboard and some magnetic tape. Or, if you know anyone that sews, show them a picture of that thing and they could probably make you one for a few $$.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'm trying the hardboard and magnets.

Comment

I just put the hardboard/magnets on the 3650. I closed off the bottom of the saw. I have 5" flex coming to the bottom and the collection is great so far. I used to have so very much dust falling out on the hurcules lift, it was a pain to clean up after cutting wood.

Some have found the out of box collection to be good, but maybe they are using a shop vac with more static pressure. I'm using a full shop DC with high air volume and it didn't work well. (As would likely be the case for any contractor saw)

This is doing a great job so far and was a very inexpensive solution. Magnet strips can be found at "Hobby Lobby" if you have one around you. Regards, Justin

Comment

Could you post some pictures of your hardboard and magnets enclosure? Sounds interesting.

Comment

Working...
          X