Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ball Bearings burning up bad on bandsaw, good replacements?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an example

Originally posted by brooksbuilt
    Wow, that website, www.vxb.com, has some great prices. But it literally costs me twice as much to ship 10 of those suckers then for the actual product.

Anyway, thanks again Bob D..

That was just an example source. If you do some searching of your own you will probably locate a source close enough to you that shipping will be minimal or within driving distance.

As I said the 608Z is for skates, so look at places that sell in-line skates, there has to be a bunch of those nearby. Then 'upgrade' to the next quality level that has the same dimensions as your bearing (take one with you and match it up).
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D.
      "I'll let you in on a little secret - it's called the internet and there's a thing called "GOOGLE" my friend!"

True Newman, but in this case it comes from research I did on building a CNC router.

Knowing WHERE to find some information and logical ways to search for it is sometimes half the battle...

Bob D,
      Absolutely. There is no substitute for experience, and I know the true value of experience. My previous reply was in no way intended to be disrespectful in any way. I was merely suggesting that with the wide spread of the Internet, there is a pool of information available to all. But I suppose the Internet is like any tool, and as such, in the hands of an amateur it's of limitted use.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D.
        That was just an example source. If you do some searching of your own you will probably locate a source close enough to you that shipping will be minimal or within driving distance.

As I said the 608Z is for skates, so look at places that sell in-line skates, there has to be a bunch of those nearby. Then 'upgrade' to the next quality level that has the same dimensions as your bearing (take one with you and match it up).
        Very true.

And I never thought of hitting local shops (although I can't think of anything off hand). Anyway, thanks again bud.

Comment

Working...
        X