X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auxillary fence for TS3650

I have beed reading "Table Saw Magic" and notice that the author uses an auxillary fence attached to his regular rip fence which adds considerable height. Has anyone made an auxillary fence for their 3650 who wishes to share how they did it (perhaps with a picture)?

Why not just make one just like the authors. Check on page 59 for more info.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Re: auxillary fence for TS3650

I did for my TS2400, same thing. I used a piece of 5-1/2" x 32 MBD for the face then clued a piece of to that the difference of the height to the old fence so it rests on the face and the top of the exisitng fence. I routed in a T track the full length. To fasten it to the femce I used 1/4x20x1" FH screws(3) thru the face of the fence inline with the T slot on the table saw fence. Rectangular nuts on the bolts and sldie it on and off. Can send you a pic if you need it

Originally posted by franklin pug View Post
      I have beed reading "Table Saw Magic" and notice that the author uses an auxillary fence attached to his regular rip fence which adds considerable height. Has anyone made an auxillary fence for their 3650 who wishes to share how they did it (perhaps with a picture)?
      Carpenters make the prettiest firewood

Comment

I did for my TS2400, same thing. I used a piece of 5-1/2" x 32 MDF for the face then clued a piece of to that the difference of the height to the old fence so it rests on the face and the top of the exisitng fence. I routed in a T track the full length. To fasten it to the femce I used 1/4x20x1" FH screws(3) thru the face of the fence inline with the T slot on the table saw fence. Rectangular nuts on the bolts and sldie it on and off. Can send you a pic if you need it

Comment

Has anyone made an auxillary fence for their 3650 who wishes to share how they did it (perhaps with a picture)?
          I incorporated a router table on the right side opening of my 3650 and built an auxiliary fence that slides over the stock fence, primarily for the router table, and use it for rabbiting also. It's not hard to make. I can send a photo or 2 if you would like to see.
          If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

amcnerl can you post your pictures here, I would very much like to see what you have, thanks.
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I also made a router table and use the TS3650 fence with an auxiliary fence attached to it. If you're only looking for additional height, I suppose you could just cut a piece of melamine whatever height you want and attach it directly to the TS3650 fence (no frame necessary if it's not for a router). I made a couple melamine backboards for the fence (see pics), but so far the shorter piece has been working well. (I had melamine left over from making the router table to play with.) And I use standard ΒΌ" hex bolts (as opposed to square head bolts) in the slots on the TS3650 fence and side rails.

- djb
              Attached Files
              sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                amcnerl can you post your pictures here, I would very much like to see what you have, thanks.
                Hey garager,

Here's a few from when I first made it. It's not so clean now, use the heck out of it.
                Attached Files

Comment

I like that set up amcnerl, looks like one for me to build, on your MDF did you band your edges? The middle picture looks t me like your edges were banded, which is a good idea to keep the moister out, but I can't tell for sure. Good job on it.
                  Last edited by garager; 03-04-2007, 12:41 PM.
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                    I like that set up amcnerl, looks like one for me to build, on your MDF did you band your edges? The middle picture looks t me like your edges were banded, which is a good idea to keep the moister out, but I can't tell for sure. Good job on it.
                    Thanks for the comments. Actually, I made it from left over 3/4" birch plywood and used left over maple for the router's adjustable fence. It's attached to the top of the TS fence with 1/4" hex head bolts and knobs bought at HD. I enclosed the bottom to create a couple of storage pockets and keep it square and put in the dust port. For the most part, it's heavy and cumbersome, but is solid. Be sure to leave a hairs width space on the bottom from the TS top, makes for easier sliding across the TS. I have seen other posts on here of what may or may not be a better solution for your needs. I'll be glad to answer questions if you have any, it's fairly cut and dry on construction and took the better part of a day. Have fun...

Comment

I added one to my TS2400, same type fence and same principle for making one. Send me your email and I'll give you a pick of it. Has a T track routed in for hold downs etc

Comment

Working...
                      X