X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feather boards for TS3650

What type of featherboards to you guys use for your TS3650?

This is the one I use, http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=36697 This style is also very popular, http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,240,45884
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Here's a recent good thread that might give you some ideas,

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9385

Comment

I just picked up a Bench Dog at Lowes. They have the lowest price on it, but it's still a little pricey at $22 and change. It's really nice and made in Minnesota.

It's my 2nd product from them, I also have their great push-loc push stick.

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench
          I just picked up a Bench Dog at Lowes. They have the lowest price on it, but it's still a little pricey at $22 and change. It's really nice and made in Minnesota.

It's my 2nd product from them, I also have their great push-loc push stick.
          I use the Bench Dog Feather Boards also.

Woodpeckers has them for $22 a pair.

http://www.woodpeck.com/benchdogfeather.html

Comment

I'm returning mine to Lowes tomorrow if they don't give me a better deal.

Amazon has 2 for $27.

Thanks for the link, unfortunately woodpeckers charges 9 bucks to ship them to NY.

Comment

Hey CheekyMW, the featherboards we have come with the expanding block that fits in the miter slot. The ones that Mr. Z has are different and come in a 2 pack, and are designed to mount in the fence t-track.
              "Feather Loc feather boards can be attached to any ¼” t-track using included hardware or ¼” hex head bolts. "

I wish Lowes carried them, I'd snatch them up in a minute. Making a set with my band saw will be cool though too.
              Last edited by Hector B; 09-26-2006, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Hector,

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like I'll hold on to it

I've never had a FB before, but this one is rock solid and doesn't move one bit. I feel much safer with it and my BenchDog Push-loc stick.

Comment

Yep CheekyMW, I feel the same about my Fether Locs(2) and Push Loc.

Comment

I too am using the Bench Dog feather board on my 3650. It seems to do the job well!
                    Everyone thinks there problems are more important than yours!

Comment

They are a little pricey, but they are made over here, and the company donates money to a bulldog rescue. As a bulldog owner, and dog lover in general, that is pretty neat in my book (they could donate money to a poodle rescue for all I care, it would still be a nice gesture).

I wasn't aware of this until after I made the purchase, but it's pretty gratifying.

Comment

I use both types of Benchdog feather locs (for miter slot and fence), plus their push loc and blade loc. I use them on both my table saw and router table. The only thing I had to do to use the ones for my fence was to make an aux. fence high enough with a t-track. I made one like the one posted by Hergy (old post..under helpful aids)
                        I like them and use all the time.
                        Kurt
                        (Cool! I still have 10 fingers!)

Comment

Hey Bird Dog!!

I found the post from Hergy, but all the pictures are gone. Did you happen to copy them, before you built your fence? If you did, could you post them please? I wondered if the Tandem Feather Loc would short change me on stock height when mounted in the existing T-slot in the stock 3650 fence..

Comment

Working...
                          X