X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My version of the router table

I decided I needed a new router table, and after looking around on the forums I was inspired to create my own. Rather than try and attach a bunch of photos here, I made a little web page that outlines how I made it.

It's certainly no work of art, but it works great. Cheap too, about $30 worth of materials. Well worth the effort.

EDIT: The original web page was taken down, but several people have asked recently, so I attached the original page.

One thing I would do differently is to find a way to support the table across the middle to keep from sagging. Probably a few strips of wood across the front, back, and middle (ie between the TS rails front and back) for support.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rprice54; 03-18-2009, 09:55 PM.

Awesome job, one thing I would suggest for long term accuracy is to insert an aluminum T-track

Comment

it's on the list...

Comment

Very nice. I like the way that you didn't have to drill into the cast iron top at all, and that the whole assembly slides right out. Your ADJUSTABLE LEGS are a great solution for stability with portability.
        Question:
        Is the aluminum angle you used 1/8 X 3/4 X 3/4 ?

Comment

1/16th thick actually

Comment

nice work - I'm inspired to create one myself. Is the polycarbonate plastic available at HD?

Comment

Nice job, yours is very simular to mine. I modified a Ryobi rotor table to fit my saw. The biggest difference is I rotated mine 180 degrees so that I could use it from the front of the saw. You can't see it in the picture but I have an on/off switch mounted on under the right end of the rail.
              Attached Files
              SSG, U.S. Army
              Retired
              K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

re: polycarbonate
                i bought 5 sheets (14" square) of 1/4 thick on ebay. i've made several baseplates for my routers, some templates, and other jigs. it machines nicely, but take it slow- very hard stuff. oh yea, don't make a throat plate out of it. see my other posts.

if you're routing it or drilling- use the slowest speed, the stuff heats up and melts and can be a real headache.
                Last edited by rprice54; 09-25-2006, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Thats a good idea. I have an old Craftman router table, I wonder if I could hook it up to my TS. It would give me more storage space in the garage, but a longer surface for my TS.
                  -Daryle

===================================

Comment

Great Job. I am looking to do this for my table saw and router as I am in a small 2 car garage, probably like a lot of us! I am a newbie sort of and would appreciate speaking w/ you in the near future to ask just a few questions about creating and attaching this to my table saw (ridgid 2412) Email me at mlmeans@gmail.com if you can.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

I sent you a private message...

Comment

is the melamine 3/4" thick?

Comment

That's all it takes! Nice job!

Comment

Any sag

I like the way you mounted everything to the saw, so I kinda copied your idea. Hope there's no royalty payments... I do have a question though, the end where the router table meets with the extension wing of the saw, do you get any sagging due to the weight of the router? As I see there is no support in this area. This is my only concern, I'm not quite finished with building yet. Otherwise it seems to be quite sturdy and will be useful as another extension for the saw. Thanks for the idea..
                            If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

It appears the adjustable legs that he crafted eliminate the sag from the weight of the router. Looks great BTW.

Don
                              "There is no secrets to success. It is a result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure." - Colin Powell

Comment

Working...
                              X