X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delta 50-345 mobile base

If anyone has this base, I need your input.

I'm mounting a 12" band saw to this base. For the 34" square base the plan is to put a sheet of 3/4 ply in the frame, and then set the saw onto it. My question concerns how much if any the pop up wheel mechanism gets in the way during tool operatiion. Should I mount the pop up to the left/right of the front of the saw?

Hello Hector,

I'd mount it to the right of the saw (or back depending on how you look at it). Mostly you will be standing on the side of the saw where you are in front of the cutting edge of the blade, some people refer to this as the left side, maybe the manual does too.

At any rate I think this is the best position as it lets you position the BS close to a wall and the pop-up wheel will not interfere with your footing which is always a bad idea around any power tool.

Too bad the Ridgid Herc-U-Lift are still not on closeout as this would have made a great mobile base for this BS I think.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks Bob D. I thought that might be the case. Actually, once I found out what side the teeth of the blade were on I just figured that was the front.
      Hey Bob, I had a question for you about your band saw crank handle in another thread that I was hoping you could take a look at, please,

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9352

Comment

This would be the mobile base to get.

RIDGID Craftsman Mobile base Table Band Saw caster NEW

eBay Item number: 250033000028

I'll bet it goes for less than the Delta Universal base and its a much better fit for the BS.

I'll look into the knob issue later today if I have time. I don't remember exactly who it came apart, but it was not difficult and the change is completely reversible with no damage to the original knob.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        ---------
        ---------

Comment

That base looks surprisingly familiar. Almost like what's under my 3650

I already have the Delta base, and it's half together. It cost me $53. Lets say I got the ebay base for $20 + $30 for shipping to SoF, about an even deal except I really like the action on the ebay base. I'll watch it to see if the price stays lower than $20. Thanks for the link

Comment

That EBay base is a Herc-U-Lift I am sure it would have fit just fine.
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Gadzooks Ollie, he maybe right. Hey TOD, mums the word. If it gets around about the (shhhhhhhhhhh) H-U-L base I might get some bidding competition
              . (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
              Last edited by Hector B; 09-25-2006, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Ebay Update

Item #250033000028

Bid is up to $47.77 with about 3 hrs to go. With the $30 for shipping it just got too pricey. Oh well.......

Comment

Yeah the one on eBay is going for more than it is worth. But I just wanted to show you what the Herc-U-Lift that HD sold at closeout looked like. I think is was this past spring. I guess they did not sell too well on their own. It sure is a great mobile base under the TS-3650 though. If my local HD had one when they were closing them out I would have bought one to put under my BS or RAS.
                  ---------------
                  ---------------
                  ---------
                  ---------

Comment

Everyone, keep your eyes open for the manufacturer of the H-U-L to go public with it on their own. I can't believer this lift is going to die! Even at it's 'regular' price it's hands down better than most (IMHO).
                    Later,
                    Chiz

Comment

ironhat, from what you say I am led to believe that the Herc-U-Lift was made for Ridgid by someone else. I wonder who owns the design for the Herc-U-Lift; TTI, Ridgid, someone else, do you know?

I agree that it would be sad for it to disappear. I can't see them removing it from the TS-3650 though. That would truly be a big negative for the 3650 to lose that great mobile base.
                      ---------------
                      ---------------
                      ---------
                      ---------

Comment

Bob - I did jump to an assumption about who make the lift. Shouldn't have assumed but it would be a shame to lose it. You're also right about it's part in the success of the 3650. Given that alone I can't imagine them (Ridgid) selling off the rights if they do own them.
                        Later,
                        Chiz

Comment

Working...
                        X