No announcement yet.

Post your Shop pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is a case where size definitely matters. I have a one Honda garage, that is anything larger than a Honda wouldn't fit even without all the other stuff in there. Right now I share it with the laundry, storage and my sons outside toy box, bikes etc., oh, yeah, the prefab firplace from the living room juts out in the middle. Everything in my shop is either on wheels or light enough to be lifted on a shelf. I might be getting the Delta model you have just for space concerns. I was wondering about the mechanical prowness of the unit.
    Thanks for the opinion. Oh, I'm in Wilmington NC. If you're near and you would like to sell the Delta to upgrade, let me know. Thanks.

Now, the cyclone wouldn't happen to be a Pentz special would it?
    Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

DeerCreek, nice shop. How long did it take you to build your dust removal system. Do you still have to wear a mask other than sanding? I wish my dads shop had something like this.

BTW.. I am going to edit some of your posts just to switch the images so they display without having to click on links. I promise I wont change any of your wording.

Josh

Comment

DeerCreek,

When I go to bed at night, I have visions that look eerily like your shop. I basically have a workbench in the basement and one in the garage, and a portable Stanley 3x3 for outside. I would love that dust collection system, but the only "stationary" power tool I really have is a miter saw (and with the MSUV how stationary is it really?) Maybe the solution is to create a "need" for a DC by purchasing more tools??

Comment

Ummmm... here's the only photo I have right now.

All the tools are packed up against the wall to the left out of sight. All are Delta gray. Use your imagination: There's a 10" contractor saw, a 24" scroll saw, a 15" drill press, a 14" wood/metal band saw, and a big homemade router table. In the cabinets above are assorted fixtures, and under the work bench are a bunch of P-C power tools. Oh, and a Ridgid (Skil) 14v drill. Guess that isn't gonna do, is it?

Ah well, I have a bunch of Ridgid hats, anyway. (I didn't see any disclaimer! )
          Steve
          www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Hey smorris, repaint that car Ridgid orange and slap a logo on there and I'll be you are a shoe in.......
            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Ha! Ummm...no. Actually, it already is pretty close to the *real* RIDGID red, as in the colors of our pipeworking tools, logo, etc. Just not the orange as seen at Home Depot.

Besides, I'm not the type to post photos of my Ridgid tool on teh Interweb.
              Steve
              www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Roadrunner - The Delta Jr would be a good addition for a small shop. I've done everything I needed with it. Just the bigger machines provide more convenience. Wish I were closer, I'm in Kanasas.

The cyclone has a pentz design blower, but the cyclone I cheaped out and bought the e-bay version. Understanding that it doesn't have the highest level of dust separation. I does however do a really good job. The blower is a 3HP with 14" impeller so it "SUCKS" and I have some fine dust flowing through to the filters, but not much. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
                  DeerCreek, nice shop. How long did it take you to build your dust removal system. Do you still have to wear a mask other than sanding? I wish my dads shop had something like this.

BTW.. I am going to edit some of your posts just to switch the images so they display without having to click on links. I promise I wont change any of your wording.

Josh
                  Josh - thanks for the picture updates. The shop is pretty messy and the TS3650 needs a good polish. The cyclone took me about 2 months to build, working off and on. I just finished the cyclone when I took these pics. Didn't clean up well.

I first built the blower housing from a design on Bill Pentz web site. I bought the cyclone on e-bay, worked up the duct work and filters and such. I just wasn't into working with metal and the cyclone seemed a little to tough for my desire at the time. I modified the e-bay clone by adding a neutral vane and changing the outlet tube length, all per Bill Pentz. Still, the unit is not expected to have the same level of fine dust separation. It seprates all chips and nearly all of the fine dust. Some makes it through to the filters, but it gets caught there and does not make it to my lungs! I just need to clean the filters more often (not often though).

Going from a HF 2HP that was hooked to 4" ductwork, this is an awesome woodworking experience.

The blower has a 3HP motor and 14" impeller, so a huge amount of suction is being created. The unit was really loud, so I created an extra large muffler (you see it behind the filters), also orange, and this makes it sound about like the HF unit.

I do not wear a mask (don't know if I should or have to?). The suction at the machines is increadible and the dust is very limited. I also have the Oneida mini cyclone hooked up to a vacuum for sanding. This works great. For now, I'll pass on the mask. Maybe sometime down the road, but it really degrades my enjoyment of the hobby to wear a mask.

Thanks for looking! Regards, DeerCreek

Comment

My humble shop in suburban Virginia. Plenty of rough-cut lumber, sheet goods, and The Orange! My wife just bought a Jetta TDI (50 mpg!) and has been bugging me to build a new shop in the back yard. I'm thinkin' 30ft X 40ft....at least! Darn the bad luck.....

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Josh; 09-29-2006, 07:46 AM.
                    “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Originally posted by maverick17
                      DeerCreek,

When I go to bed at night, I have visions that look eerily like your shop. I basically have a workbench in the basement and one in the garage, and a portable Stanley 3x3 for outside. I would love that dust collection system, but the only "stationary" power tool I really have is a miter saw (and with the MSUV how stationary is it really?) Maybe the solution is to create a "need" for a DC by purchasing more tools??
                      Thanks maverick17. More tools might just necessitate the need for a DC!

mitre saw is my least favorite tool for DC. It's a tough one to get just right.

Best of luck. DeerCreek

Comment

This is the reason I posted this thread. Dont worry its not in the running for the top 3 slots. Just thought you guys would like to see it. (notice even the fan is RIDGID orange ;-) (ADDED Disclaimer = this is not my shop. These were shop pics sent in by a customer. I asked permission to post em since I thought they were cool.)

Josh

Josh
                        Last edited by Josh; 10-02-2006, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Wow Josh! That is absolutely......amazing! I examined the photos in a digital image spectrometer and could not find a single molecule of sawdust! (just kidding). Where on earth did you get the paint??
                          “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Josh...I...uh...you need help...

That doesn't feel too dark to work in? I'm almost done with my shop reorg, and I painted my walls and ceiling white (from the drywall gray previously) and it's so much nicer on the eyes.

I'll have to snap some photos of my shop when I get home. Lot's of Ridgid gray and orange in my shop! I think I'm up to about 18-19 Ridgid tools over the years.

Pete

Comment

Josh I am wondering why the spreader bar on the 3650 is so close to the table? Did you have trouble with the assembly instructions like so many others? I would also like to add if I am elected.....opps wrong thread.
                              SSG, U.S. Army
                              Retired
                              K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Interesting...... I can only assume that is some Ridgid marketing deal or such as I seem to recall that you use your fathers shop and since you mentioned he doesn't have dust collection......

What's this, no Herc-u-lift systems on the planer or sander stands??!! Nice stand for the sander though. Hadn't seen one of those before, although I prefer to have mine in my bench. I also am unable to detect any outlets in the room? Is that a new line of battery operated tools?
                                Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Working...
                                X