X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your Shop pics

Alright.. I know some of you have some great shops out there... some with a lot of orange in them. So I am gonna give you a chance to show off your shops. Post your woodworking shop pics on this thread and ProBrand and I will select the 3 best looking shops at the end of October. The winners will each receive a RIDGID shirt and a RIDGID hat. We will post the winners at the end of this thread and contact the winners.

So lets see your shops. They don’t have to be all RIDGID but the more orange (or red/grey) the better.

Lets see em,

Josh
    Last edited by Josh; 09-26-2006, 01:37 PM.

Inserting tongue in cheek, .......I think that those with grey RIDGID tools should receive extra points. After all, they've been loyal to RIDGID longer than the orange guys. Double extra points if you own tools of all three of the RIDGID tool colors .
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Will post some as soon as I hide all the yellow tools.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Does this count?

All the tools are either in my buddy's shop being stored or in the basement being used to build my new office so I can surrender my current one to being a future nursery. I now have 900 sq feet to play with though and drawing plans are under way for the new shop. Don't know that I will have my new shop set up in time for your contest, especially with hunting season coming up......

Attached Files
        Last edited by Josh; 09-28-2006, 08:37 AM.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Atleast you have walls, roof and concrete floor!

Comment

LMAO!!! I'd be more than happy to store those tools for you Wayne, to protect them from the elements and all......
            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Wayne I bet that shop is a breeze to cleanup. (pun intended)
              SSG, U.S. Army
              Retired
              K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Ok got the pictures to finally load from the camera. It is just a cheap one but here is my shop. I built all the cabinets you see out of reclaimed lumber.

Attached Files
                Last edited by Josh; 09-28-2006, 08:41 AM.
                SSG, U.S. Army
                Retired
                K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

TOD, nice shop. I am suprised at how clean it is. We spent 2 hrs cleaning my dads shop the other day and there is still dust on everything Maybe Ill take some pics of his shop when I am over there again. He only has our 3 piece combo though. Everything else is 30 yrd old craftsman stuff and a Dewalt Router (we hadnt released ours yet )

wbrooks, I guess your collection counts a shop. Nice collection of our tools there.

Comment

Thanks Josh, it will be nice when its done next year after tax rebate (I hope). I have always converted the garage into a shop but now that we are in the snow belt and have some property, cars go in the garage (along with my tools this winter .
                    New shop will be 24 X 36 with 10' ceiling, the concrete you see in the background is the foundation for the new shop.
                    The bigger tools are Emerson made Craftsman

Comment

Ah... I was wondering if you were just setting them on a job site or displaying them in your back yard or something. Looks like a few of you are in the process of creating your shops. 24x36 aint bad at all.

Comment

Ease on down the road...

My shop travels with me everyday,in an enclosed trailer behind my truck,I travel from house to house installing and milling custom trim for custom homes mostly on golf courses,funny how that always works out...lol...Thats how I roll...

Comment

Ok - Within the pics you find a great deal of orange. Even the cyclone!!

I very much appreciate the ridgid brand as good quality at a good price. You'll find a 12" CMS, TS3650, Drill Press, OSS and a rechargeable Ridgid drill im my shop. Next purchase is the 6 1/8" jointer and then the band saw. Waiting for a good deal on both. Will need to move a wall in the shop to get both of those in there. Here are the pics.

http://www.woodworking-galleries.org...hopEndView.JPG

http://www.woodworking-galleries.org.../Cylclone1.JPG

http://www.woodworking-galleries.org...Scroll_Saw.JPG

http://www.woodworking-galleries.org...uterTable2.JPG

http://www.woodworking-galleries.org...assShelves.JPG
                          Last edited by Josh; 09-28-2006, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Deer Creek, you pretty satisfied with the Delta Jointer Jr?
                            Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

Roadrunner - The quick answer is no. It's a good solid machine for sure, but the it's difficult to work longer boards. It can be done, but it's not easy. It works great for 4' boards and shorter.

The nice side, is that it takes very little space to store. My previous shop was even smaller than this one and I couldn't make the space for a larger jointer. I will be stepping into a 6 1/8" jointer in the next 6-12 months.

So, it has it's good points, being solid, good a making things flat (as long as the boards are short) and taking up little space. If one has the space, this is not the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X