Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave, I think you got the definition of a good tool when you said "it's a saw that you don't have to fight to produce decent work".
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Yes, we all agree that the TS3612 is a great saw. However, when you are in discussions with those who do not have a 3612, remember to nod wisely and agree with them that you really should have spent hundreds or thousdands more, because you know that..."You should have bought a cabinet saw." I guarantee this will make your life much easier and save you from many arguments

Comment

"You should have bought a cabinet saw."

Tell them it's because you're saving up for a Felder. They either won't have the first clue what you're talking about and will wander off muttering, or their eyes will pop at the thought that you're going to get a five thousand buck tablesaw.

If five grand don't do the trick, use "Martin" instead, they run up into the forties. There's ALWAYS something more expensive...

Dave

Comment

Well Dave, I gotta hand it to ya. You made me laugh out loud when i read your excellent response on the table saw question. If these folks are looking for help then that's one thing. but all of the criticism sucks and your answer should shut them up.

I think we all have different tastes and different needs and different pocket books , and these should be deciding factors. I favor dewalt, however I am going Ridgid shopping for xmas this year. I am impressed with their cordless stuff and the new 1290. and all of this is based on the lifetime warranties til the end of the year. but it seems every time you say you bought something there are always a few out there that tell you could have bought it elsewhere at much less. I buy because everything fits when I make my decision. And if they run a sale on it it doesn't bother me because I believed for me it was worth the price I paid for it. anyway that's my 2 cents worth.

happy woodworking guys.

Comment

Unfortunately, you will rarely see that with ridgid. You cannot buy ridgid elsewhere,HD is still the only place to buy them(at least from what I've seen in my area), so we all pay the same price until models change and you can get a clearance item. Ridgid says they are available elsewhere, I have yet to see that around here. When they are available at Lowes or even Sears then I know ridgid is serious.
            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

My "Dog House" is almost complete. 24 X 32 workshop/Garage. Upstairs is 28 X 18. Air/heat up and down. 10 ft. ceiling up and down. I'm a "BIG DOG"!

I'll post some photos if anyone is interested.

"Wives may come and go. Tools can last a lifetime"

[ 10-09-2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Greg's Garage ]
              keep makn\' sawdust!...just don\'t breath any.

Comment

Yes! That sounds like one BIG dog house. Lets see some pics.
                Chris Berg

Comment

Working...
                X