Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TS2400 replacement motor recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 replacement motor recommendations?

Just bought a TS2400 from my neighbor and wouldn’t you know it, the motor sounds like it’s toast.
    May I ask if anyone can recommend a reasonable place to pick up a motor?

THX!

Rob

Double.Vision@juno.com

If your neighbour is the original purchaser try to get the receipt and then it may be repairable under warranty. The motor is $212.90 from M&D P/N 830381
    If by bad you mean bearings you may be able to change them, also check the brushes for wear
    Last edited by wbrooks; 10-03-2006, 04:10 PM.

Comment

TS2400 replacement motor recommendations?

Hey thanks, that should point me in the correct direction. I suspect there is not receipt yet available, so I'll check the brushes and bearings first.

Rob

Comment

If the motor turns out to be shot, you may want to post this in the Electrical Forum. Someone there could probably steer you in the direction where you could get a replacement motor for not a lot of money
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

how much did you pay your neighbor for the saw?

Comment

No direct cash was paid, so actually he just gave it to me; we're pretty good friends.

The saw looks to be visually in real good condition, but needs cleaned up and lubed, so I can complain at all.

I see a new one runs about $499.

Rob

Comment

Full price, the TS2400LS is $449.

They should be going on sale soon, combined with a 10% off coupon and you could get one with a lifetime warranty for as little as $360.

Like BD said, 1st you should find out if your neighbor has a receipt or if he registered it with Ridgid for the Lifetime Service Agreement.

BTW, I bought one in August, and use it at least twice a month. After you change the stock blade, it's an awesome machine.

Comment

By "going on sale soon" do you mean the whole Rigid woodworking machine line? I'm interested in buying the Jointer and most likely the bandsaw (after reading the "WOOD" magazine artical "make any bandsaw a peak performer" I can afford to pay full price but just refuse to on either machine, I'm not saying there not worth it, just that I wont purchase them at full retail. I know the Jointer was 349.00 and they painted it ugly orange( ill repaint it to a suitible color, I was a Body & Fender Combo Man for 15 years .) and raised the price by 50.00 bucks. I'm in no hurry I can wait Ridgid and Home Depot out until they go on sale ,but youve peaked my interest here. Besides signing up for a HD credit card ?(I dont use credit cards, I just pay cash for my tools.)To me putting tools on sale on a credit card isnt a sale. We all know how life goes, were gonna pay it off right away something comes up Poof 21% interest and theres NO savings. So, do you know when they'll be on sale, and how to get the 10% off thing ? Thanks in advance to anyone with that info.
                Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench
                Full price, the TS2400LS is $449.

They should be going on sale soon, combined with a 10% off coupon and you could get one with a lifetime warranty for as little as $360.

Like BD said, 1st you should find out if your neighbor has a receipt or if he registered it with Ridgid for the Lifetime Service Agreement.

BTW, I bought one in August, and use it at least twice a month. After you change the stock blade, it's an awesome machine.

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench
                  Ah, that would be WB not BD.
                  ================================================== ====
                  All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

you are correct sir

Comment

Working...
                    X