methods to store saw cutting blades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• methods to store saw cutting blades

I was wondering how you folks store various cutting blades from reciprocating blades, jigsaw blades, to circular saw blades?

Just tossing them into a tool bag is not good as they can cut the bag and scratch the tools, not to mention loose their edge.

I have looked for a small plastic box to hold jigsaw blades and reciprocating blades but I've not found anything a reasonable size.

Bosch makes a storage box for their 21 blade jigsaw kit but no one carries just the box.

In the past I've used small plastic baggies but they get cut up after a while.

Oh, and I do not want a large box, I'd prefer a small storage system,
    for example: for jigsaw blades a plastic container say 5" tall 1/2 to 3/4" wide and 1" deep would hold a number of blades nicely.

any suggestions are appreciated

Cactus Man

Try www.mcmaster.com and search for "Compartmented Plastic Boxes".

Various configurations, a couple seem perfect for saw blades.

I was lucky enough to find the DeWalt 15 blade kit with storage box mismarked at HD for 5 bux!! I use that for storage of smaller blades. I occasionally use 6" wood blades (to take down small trees in my yard), but I just leave those outside and grab when I need it.

-Chris

Comment

Go to any sporting goods store or hardware store that has a fishing supply section. You should be able to find all kinds of different configuration plastic cases at either one.
      Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
      ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks

I came across a dewalt yellow plastic storage box that will hold my jigsaw blades, spare splinter guards, and even reciprocating saw blades. I even cut a slot to allow the hex tool to fit. I found this at home depot

I also found at home depot, a set of 14 bosch jigsaw blades with a slick velcro pocket case..perfect to what I was looking for. 20 bucks and a nice assortment of blades too.

Cactus Man
        Last edited by cactusman; 10-09-2006, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X