Ridgid Riser & wheel replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Riser & wheel replacement

Today I saw some things mentioned on the riser block kit for the BS14002,(while doing a "search" here) thought to myself wow there not cheap, i'd consider $50-$60 bucks reasonable, and started looking for the part and it's price on "Ridgid Parts".Seems I stumbled onto an old "Ridgid Parts"web site it listed the riser at $59.97 so I decided to buy it as I purchased the Rockler bandsaw table & fence the other day.It sits on TOP of the cast iron table by almost 2 inches, not planning on resawing that much if at all but once I set the table on top it looked a little cramped.
    I clicked on the "buy now" link , it went to another page but NO riser listed ,I could manually type in the amount I wanted (1)but not the actual item. So I called Ridgid , I was told that, that site for ordering was not working properly and wouldnt be fixed till the end of the month and was transferd to there parts distribution distribitor, seemed weird, I asked for the riser I was sitting looking at on the website, only to be told that they had plenty in stock at just under $160.00 . I complained that I was looking at it as we spoke for $59.97, the woman said well it must be our markup( BIG markup I thought) So I made a few phone calls and got ahold of a few people past the CS level took all day but I wanted some answers $100.00 is a big price difference from Ridgid themselves. I recieved a return phone call and was asked WERE I was seeing it for that price. I explained , and led the person to the web site, once there, I was told that site was over 4 years old and shouldnt even exist, but once there you could cruise the whole site all the tabs at the top worked.I was asked for my name and address, and he said ok we will send you the riser, I said ok I'll be using my wifes credit card and thats for the $59.97 price right? he said No sir, i'll be sending it to you FREE of charge for helping us find this link so it can be removed & fixed. I was surprized, I said are you sure I am willing to pay the $59.97 for it, he said again i'm sending it to you Free as a thankyou for your help and time, it should arrive at your house by wednesday. Now i'll say my thank you to them, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
    I didnt ask for it for free , but I guess I helped them find somthing that was worth it to them as they didnt know how I was getting to that page in the first place, and no one else complained and brought it to there attention.
    Now if anyone can tell me how to get the "Emerson" replacement wheels over the "china" ones that vibrate like crazy I hopefully will be all set ? thanks.
    Last edited by American and Proud; 10-13-2006, 03:36 AM.

Nice

Originally posted by American and Proud
    Today I saw some things mentioned on the riser block kit for the BS14002,(while doing a "search" here) thought to myself wow there not cheap, i'd consider $50-$60 bucks reasonable, and started looking for the part and it's price on "Ridgid Parts".Seems I stumbled onto an old "Ridgid Parts"web site it listed the riser at $59.97 so I decided to buy it as I purchased the Rockler bandsaw table & fence the other day.It sits on TOP of the cast iron table by almost 2 inches, not planning on resawing that much if at all but once I set the table on top it looked a little cramped.
    I clicked on the "buy now" link , it went to another page but NO riser listed ,I could manually type in the amount I wanted (1)but not the actual item. So I called Ridgid , I was told that, that site for ordering was not working properly and wouldnt be fixed till the end of the month and was transferd to there parts distribution distribitor, seemed weird, I asked for the riser I was sitting looking at on the website, only to be told that they had plenty in stock at just under $160.00 . I complained that I was looking at it as we spoke for $59.97, the woman said well it must be our markup( BIG markup I thought) So I made a few phone calls and got ahold of a few people past the CS level took all day but I wanted some answers $100.00 is a big price difference from Ridgid themselves. I recieved a return phone call and was asked WERE I was seeing it for that price. I explained , and led the person to the web site, once there, I was told that site was over 4 years old and shouldnt even exist, but once there you could cruise the whole site all the tabs at the top worked.I was asked for my name and address, and he said ok we will send you the riser, I said ok I'll be using my wifes credit card and thats for the $59.97 price right? he said No sir, i'll be sending it to you FREE of charge for helping us find this link so it can be removed & fixed. I was surprized, I said are you sure I am willing to pay the $59.97 for it, he said again i'm sending it to you Free as a thankyou for your help and time, it should arrive at your house by wednesday. Now i'll say my thank you to them, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
    I didnt ask for it for free , but I guess I helped them find somthing that was worth it to them as they didnt know how I was getting to that page in the first place, and no one else complained and brought it to there attention.
    Now if anyone can tell me how to get the "Emerson" replacement wheels over the "china" ones that vibrate like crazy I hopefully will be all set ? thanks.
    That definitely was nice if them to give you that for free... but then on the other hand, at that markup they could afford to give away the odd one.

Comment

Riser Block Kit!update !

Well this is an UPDATE- As promised by the Ridgid parts distributor, I recieved my Ridgid Riser Block Kit - FREE !
      He said I would recieve it by Wednesday, so when it came and went I was a little disappointed , thinking he hung up and did'nt send one out ,BUT... TODAY! that big Yellow and Red DHL truck pulled up and here it is ! One complete Riser Kit, not in retail packaging but non the less all parts are there including the install manual.
      I did notice with the riser kit the Rear blade guard is Metal AND wont have to be removed when changing the blade,NICE! I did'nt like the idea of having to unscrew the regular plastic one anytime I wanted to change blades, that open slotted design should be standard on the saw I think, but now with the riser I won't have to worry about it.
      Now to go after that VIBRATION problem !

Comment

Originally posted by American and Proud
        I did notice with the riser kit the Rear blade guard is Metal AND wont have to be removed when changing the blade,NICE!
        Now to go after that VIBRATION problem !
        This got me to thinking. I tried it and it will work. You can turn over the plastic one to put the open side out and it will work.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Are they shipping them from the factory on backwards you think?
          Why those silly chinese!lol

Comment

Working...
          X