X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering Ridgid Tools?

OK , I went to the Ridgid web site, couldnt find the woodworking tools I have, to register them for the lifetime warranty whats the trick? I have the Jointer/Planer-JP06101 and the Bandsaw-BS14002, figure I better register them before calling customer service about the vibration in the bandsaw wheels. If anyones got the heads up and a complete "A,B,C" approach to properly getting this done i'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    ( Yesterday I bought the Link belt 4ft, a pair of Orange urathene tires, and an Olson ALL-PRO 1/2 inch,105 inch blade,at my Local Rockler store. And went to OWL hardwoods to pick up some Birch both sides 3/4 plywood, then to HD to get longer bolts,as described in WOOD magazine.) Hope I dont need anything else,I am pretty positive the wheels are very much out of balance and need replacing ,but i'm giving all these other upgrades a try first .)Also I purchased the Rockler Bansaw table and fence and my RidgidRiser is on the way.
    Last edited by American and Proud; 10-15-2006, 02:03 PM.

A&P,

1st go to the eBox login:

https://www.customernation.com/pls/p...&p_supergroup=

next click on the register box, and register if you haven't (or enter your uni and pass)

then, click on "Add another item", then click on the "Power Tools" icon

next, click on the "planer" icon, and then you will see the models on the right side of the picture/icons.

the rest is cake.

Comment

A&P, your question on how to register your tools makes me wonder why Ridgid doesn't include the registration procedure in the Owners Manual. Seems like that would be the logical place one should be able to get that question answered. Not only should the manual include the tool registration procedure but also the steps needed to sign up for the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks cheeky, now I have to send in the darn upc code off the box too? jeez wtf they dont make it easy , like they hide all the info they can to get you frustrated and just give up, they dont know me tho, I never give up.
        Badger they give you a card to mail in , or say you can register online, but Ridgids site is one of the poorest organized sites ive ever had to deal with , I did what cheeky said there supposedly registerd but you also still have to mail in the upc codes off the box, I have mine still I tend to keep boxes for awhile till im sure if i'm keeping the tool or not. I bet others tossed there boxes tho without thinking.I'll mail in the card also to be sure, AND i'll send the upc codes registerd mail were someone there will have to physically sign for it so I cant be accused of not fulfilling my part of there registration hoops, what a PITA! oh and thats gonna cost ME about 12 bucks EACH
        I also sent a request for replacement wheels on my bandsaw as I registerd has anyone had any luck with them while registering? Or do I have to actually call customer service and complain like hell to get them?
        Last edited by American and Proud; 10-15-2006, 06:05 PM.

Comment

[quote=American and Proud].......I also sent a request for replacement wheels on my bandsaw as I registerd has anyone had any luck with them while registering? Or do I have to actually call customer service and complain like hell to get them?[/quote
          You probably will need to call Customer Service but I doubt if you'll receive the satisfaction from them that you think you should receive.

Ridgid offers a 90 day satisfaction guarantee policy where you can return to HD the entire BS for credit or a replacement. If that isn't what you want to do then the warranty will come into play. The warranty requires you to bring the BS into an authorized Ridgid Service Center for verification of your claim and then either repair or replacement of the defective part(s).

I guess it can't hurt to call CS and see if they will send out the parts no questions asked but don't get you hopes up too high.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Well lets hope they just send replacements, I have seen quite a few here say they recieved new ones without taking them in, and the emerson ones seem to be the better wheels, at least close to being balanced. I'm a SCREAMER , managers just tend to give me my cash back just to get me out of the store. And or I go over there heads to get saticfaction.

Comment

Working...
            X