X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are we woodworking on?

Just curious as to what projects everyone has going?
    Still putting my tools together here , so not alot of sawdust going on yet.

Lately it seems I've been mostly working on making toothpicks and adding to my scrap collection. Reggie Jackson may have been Mr. October but this October I've been Mr. Mistake. But, that's how we learn right?...........right............someone please tell me I'm right.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

lol bd your right
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Just finished a guitar, and am on to building a 12" speaker cabinet to go along with it.

Comment

I cut some 2 sided Birch plywood for the Bandsaw stand , I'll be making a frame this afternoon to hang the new Ceiling mounted garage gas fired heater I bought today.
          My old Kenmore wall unit took a dump last year , it was in the garage when I bought my house 14 years ago , so I know it was at least 5 years older than that , the neighbor told me when I bought the place how long it had been in and they didnt know if he got it new or used, but cant easily get parts so decided it was just better to invest in a new unit.
          I got a Beacon/Morris-BRU-75, 75,000 BTU ,80% Efficient.
          (Made in the U.S.A.) Brochure said it was good for the TYPICAL 2-3 car garage,while the BRU-45 was for a 1-2,Mine is a 2 1/2 car at 24wx22d, it's insulated with R-11 ,walls and ceiling,So, I hope to be back to toasty warm all winter out there.
          OH pass me a TOOTHPICK will ya!? lol

Comment

COOL! post some pics , I'd like to see that. Was it a kit?
            Originally posted by hewood
            Just finished a guitar, and am on to building a 12" speaker cabinet to go along with it.

Comment

I am finishing working on my living and dining room. In March I told my wife that it would take a few weeks. Then late in May she went on a 2 week trip and I told her it would be done when she gets back. Now we have a family get together over here next weekend, so its crunch time. Not too much left to do though, run base mldg, make up the crown, window sill casing and mulls for the dining room window and the worst part, cleanup.

After that I intend to move my shop from the garage to the basement. Then maybe I will start doing some projects again.

Comment

Not exactly "woodworking", but I'm just finishing up the two storage areas in the walk-up attic, including a bit of wiring for lighting those areas. Then I start to layout the new bamboo floor in the kitchen.

Next will be completing the new floor in the future shop.

CWS

Comment

..and I'm putting my bass boat up for sale too.

This weekend I'm gonna finish putting my Miter Express cross cut sled together, and get my refurbished bandsaw back together.

Oh yeah, and I'm putting my bass boat up for sale too.

Comment

I'm going to start that work bench that everyone has been nice enough to send pictures of this weekend. Might take a side trip to HD to check out some new tooth pick making machines.....LOL
                    Everyone thinks there problems are more important than yours!

Comment

Trying to finish a small dining room table for my mom-in-law, she really needs the space a small two or three person table would allow her to have. Really, I need to take time to learn how to download pictures because they are fun to share.

Just this afternoon I finished installing my new wood vise attached to the work table/bench.

Next, maybe removing the small kitchen corner bar and replacing with wall hung cabinets and a free standing pantry so if we ever leave it will go with us. After the bar is gone we will need one of those tall tables used with bar stools.
                      Last edited by Speedball; 10-21-2006, 08:10 PM.

Comment

This is a picture of the first piece I actually got paid for. It's a base to support an antique scrub sink. The piece started with the customer planning to paint the piece, so I used poplar, but chose the best & cleanest grains just in case I could convince her to go with a stain. She decided to go with an oil & poly finish in the end, but of course I got so pushed for time, I didn't get a photo of the piece with the finish on. Legs are glued up from 1x3 poplar and the apron & shelf are sandply with poplar edging. The front legs are dressed with a full bead detail and single flute. The rear frame just has a half bead run on the front face which was a real Treat to cut and sand out for the mitres...HOoowahh ! what the hell it was CASH $$$$ MONEY!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Building the "deluxe" version of the router stand found in Shop Notes magazine 3 or 4 issues ago. Already built the router table a few months back.

It ain't a Bench Dog, but it does the job

By the way - stay away from Lowes' Birch finished plywood. Not that HD's is much better but this junk is a full 1/16 shy of 1/2" (HD's is 1/32" shy). And the veneer is utter garbage. One pass at the edge with a palm sander and the veneer is gone Makes for tricky recalculations when working from a plan - a least for a math dunce like me.

Thought I was getting a deal at $5 less than HD's stuff...oh well its just a shop cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by American and Proud
                            COOL! post some pics , I'd like to see that. Was it a kit?
                            No kit, but I did buy the neck. Made the body, the pickguard, and wired the electronics.... (sorry for the size of the pics)

Comment

NICE work there Hewood, you can be PROUD of that one!
                              Very cool. Thanks for posting some pics .
                              Whats next?

Comment

Working...
                              X