X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to switch my TS3560 from 110V to 220V

.. anybody can tell me how I do this and what I need to buy? I read in the manual that my new saw can operate under both voltages. I would prefer the 220V .
    Please, anyone who has done this write me some good and SAFE instructions. I am an electrical idiot.

Thanks

I have not done the 3612. I have the 2424, and I'm sure there is little difference, if any. You simply need to wire a 220 breaker into your breaker panel, run 2 hots and a ground to a 15 amp receptical, and replace the saw's cord end with a matching 15 amp plug.

Follow the instructions in the manual on how to switch a couple wires on the motor. They are all numbered and labeled. After having the receptical wired, it should take about 1/2 an hour to do the conversion. I would suggest asking a friend to help if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Unplug the saw
      In the motor junction box disconnect the yellow wire from the brown wire that connects to terminal 3 of the overload protector. Put a marrett on the brown wire and wrap with black electrical tape.
      Disconnect the black motor wire from the marrett containing the 2 white and 1 black wire. Put the marrett back on the 2 white wires and tape them up.
      connect the black wire from the previous step with the yellow wire from the first step. Use a yellow marett ( avail at HD ) and tape the connection.
      Cut the plug end off and replace it with a 220V plug end ( avail at HD ), Page 13 of the manual describes this.
      Now for the wall plug, if you really know nothing about wiring ask a freind that does for some help.
      Write down the make and model of your breaker panel ( eg Siemans SEQ24100SM ) and get a dual pole 15 Amp breaker, panel conector, wire staples, some 14/2 Romex or 12/2 for longer runs 30 + feet and a 220V 15A recepticle and box.
      Go get your friend... and in about 30 min your saw will be running on 220V

Comment

I was wondering...is there any real benefit of wiring for 220? I seem to recall researching other brands that there might be a horsepower gain by going to 220. I am quite satisfied with my 3650 at 110.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jwtiii:
          I was wondering...is there any real benefit of wiring for 220? I seem to recall researching other brands that there might be a horsepower gain by going to 220. I am quite satisfied with my 3650 at 110.

Thanks.
          No there will be no horsepower gain but it will run cooler and smoother per se in that the current flow will not be subject to the surges you often experience at 110.
          Pretty straight forward and covered above

Comment

Certainly not my area of expertise, but as far as I understand there is no HP gain or inherent performance improvement to the motor if the existing electrical wiring provides sufficient amperage through the circuit. You motor will see the same amount of power in 220 as 110. If the wiring is not adequate, then changing to 220 will half the amperage draw through the wiring, substantially reducing any defficiencies and allowing the motor to run as it should.

The link below is long and excellent. Highly recommend reading it. Electricity in the shop

Comment

Originally posted by hewood:

The link below is long and excellent. Highly recommend reading it. Electricity in the shop
              That website is awesome! Check out the list of articles on the homepage. My printer will be running for the next half hour! [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Thanks Hewood.
              Lorax
              "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Anything for a fellow snowhound from WNY my good man!

Comment

< wondering if anyone REALLY read that article.. lol >

I gazed through it. Reminded me distantly of electronics class taht I took in H.S. I also havea a strong background in math & science with college coursework. I could follow it but didn't understand everything. WIth all the praise and high fiving of the holy grail of this article. Can't help but wonder if everyone's just smiling and nodding..

Jake

Comment

Since my shop is already equipped with an 220V outlet I should have no problem to switch my TS too 220V. I really sounds pretty simple by reading some of your responses.
                    I thank you for your help.

Lets make some fresh saw dust!

Comment

Working...
                    X