X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irwin Quick-Grip clamps/spreaders buy 1 get 1 free

pretty sweet deal on the handy Irwin clamps:

http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/...go/index.jhtml

the way they are now it should be buy 1 get 3 for free and we hope 1 works out for you. when these were quick grip they were great now they are just soso at best, just my opion
    Last edited by oldslowchevy; 11-01-2006, 08:16 PM.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC,

even with the lifetime warranty would you still shy away? if so, can you recommend clamps that you like?

Comment

Those rubber like pads grip the wood really well. I had one given to me some time ago and for some things they are just the ticket.

One per household and 6 to 8 week delivery? Oh well, still one free.

Comment

Beware of buying older inventory! Along with the bar coded confirmation page, UPC code and original receipt you must also send in the the "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" sticker. My guess is that the sticker is on the clamps packaging. No sticker, no free clamp.

EDIT: I have 3 Quick-Grip retailers within 3 miles of me so earlier today, JFTHOI, I went and checked them out. None of them had a single clamp on display with a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" sticker on the package. I sent an email to Irwin asking how I could participate in the promo without one of these stickers? I'll let you know what their answer is IF they get back to me.
          Last edited by BadgerDave; 11-02-2006, 12:57 PM.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

HD had the same promotion last year, I stocked up on quick grips then. Never had any problems with them. I used the addresses of friends and family to stock up, it was great. Listen to badger dave though, make sure the rebate sticker is on the packaging. I got one with out the sticker and had to go back to HD, they just switched it, but I could have saved a trip.

Comment

Lowes has them in a 4 pack $19.99, buy one pair get one pair FREE.
              No dealing with mail in rebates. I HATE them.(the mail-in rebates that is.)

Comment

AAP, Home Depot did have the 4 pack you mentioned but those aren't the clamps being offered offered in the "buy one get one free" promo. The ones in the "buy a pair get a pair free" aren't as heavy duty. That 4 for $19.99 isn't a bad deal though for what they are.
                All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I looked at the link posted again, whats the difference? I got mine this week at Lowes , look pretty darn close,just curious as to what the difference was actually? and again, I HATE mail-in rebates.

Comment

The clamps in the "buy two get two free" promo are the One Handed Mini Bar Clamp style and the ones in the "buy one get one free" promo are the One Handed Bar Clamp/Spreader style. You can read about the differences here.

Comment

OK cool,
                      I only needed a few in the size I got , but went out in the garage and see there is a size difference , for the larger type ones I have a few sets, but like the 3/4 pipe clamps for more force if needed, gonna buy some bessy or jorgys this week I think if I get the time to run out . I only have about 50 or so clamps of various types, most i've collected over the years. Which is better bessys or the jorgs? most of my other clamps are jorgenson pipe and small bar clamps. IF Rockler still has that JET set on sale for $99.00 I just might go pick that set up this weekend. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by American and Proud View Post
                        OK cool,
                        Which is better bessys or the jorgs?
                        Recently I bought my first Besseys, have always had Jorgensens.......... Bessey seems to be much, much higher quality.

Comment

I did pick up the JET 12-piece Framing Clamp Set, sale was over but the Manager at my Rockler gave me the sale price of $99.00 over the back to regular price of $149.99 picked up a few more items to the tune of a lil over $250.00 tho, I can NEVER just go "looking" in that place! lol
                          HD has Jorgensons,Lowes carries Bessy's and JETs. I think i'll be buying Bessys and JETS, from now on.
                          Last edited by American and Proud; 11-04-2006, 07:50 AM.

Comment

IIRC, our Atlanta Costco has the four-pak with the small(~$4) bottle of Gorilla Glue as a GWP...all for $19.99. MIGHT be the smaller pair with the 2 larger spreaders, not sure. I've picked up a few Kobalts at Lowes on clearance, also.

Comment

Working...
                            X