X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firestorm Review?

Hey I was browsing one of the woodworking mags, last week at one of the bigbox stores, in one was a review of B&D's Firestorm plunge router. Has anyone seen that ? For $80.00 they said it wasn't bad. Can anyone refresh my old memory were exactly I saw it ? I ran out and looked through a bunch but now can't find it , I'd just like to read there review of it fully . Might have been an Oct. issue ?or Nov.
    Thanks

Driving me nutts here I cant find it !
    HELP!

Comment

Popular Woodowrkign had it in their bandsaw issue. Unfortunately I just gave the mag to a friend.

Comment

TY TY TY Orange i'm not as crazy as I thought then , still crazy yes but not that crazy, yet anyways, what months issue, is it still on the store shelves? and Thankyou .
        Last edited by American and Proud; 11-04-2006, 12:52 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Popular Woodworking November 2006 (Issue 158) Thanks Orange, I found it on there site, is anyone willing to share JUST that one part in "tool test" on the firestorm router, Please?

Comment

No one has this artical? Stores here have already put up the next months issue, jeez there getting like christmas, it's Novembers issue. I just want the one little review if I could buy the mag locally I would.Please, someone.

Comment

I will check on Monday if I can still find the magazine. They guy I gave it to left it at the shop so it might still be there. PM me your e-mail address and I will scan it.

Comment

PM sent, Thanks.

Comment

IMHO I would get the DeWalt version;it is a better plunge router.Buy quality cry only once;buy cheap cry twice!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

From what I did read( only skimmed over it) it was said to be pretty darn good for a street price of only $80.00. For me it should suffice for my needs.
                    Originally posted by Akita View Post
                    IMHO I would get the DeWalt version;it is a better plunge router.Buy quality cry only once;buy cheap cry twice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If your intentiuon is light duty-it will be fine!!!!!!!!!!I read the review somewhere and it is supposed toi be great for the money. Wood magazine compare a skil to a bosch router once;the bosch has a better motor and bigger bearingsZ(better able to deal w/ prolonged routing and heavier cuts).

Comment

I'm just regetting back into messing around with wood, it will only be used light duty and it will be my first plunge router, I have another one just not a plunge didnt want to do a heavy investment yet on one , but looks and feels nice for a mere $80.00 bucks to get started, later on if I get into some heavy stuff i'll buy myself a much heavier duty combo pack like that Dewalt with fixed base, plunge base, and the "D" handled base, always wanted one of those "D" handles the first time I saw Norm using one , think that was 20 or so years ago. lol

Comment

d handle routers are not what they are cracked up to be:less control on edge work due to tendencecy to tip cause of the d handle on the outside of the work(unless you are a leftie and handle is on the inside over thge work-router then would be more stable). Fixed base w/ handles down low close to work=superior control.

Comment

I AM a LEFTY!

Comment

I always grab them around the motor with my right hand. The Porter Cable is my favorite for that. Milwaukee did theirs right for the way I hold a router also, they even put a cushion on the router motor, but in 17 years every shop Ive been at had the PC

Comment

Working...
                              X