X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can you use the new HEPA Vac?

Any jobs that you can use the new HEPA vac? Share with us!

Re: Where can you use the new HEPA Vac?

How long is the power cord and what gauge is the wire?
    How come no power tool outlet with automatic start of the vac when the power tool starts and delayed stop?

IF the vac had these features it would be excellent for use with portable power tools like sanders, routers, circ saws, grinders, etc.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I agree with Bob's suggestions plus have a couple of my own. There should be a reducing adapter for the inlet and a smaller diameter more flexible hose, say 1" or 1¼" to hook up to the adapter. These items could be either standard equipment or offered as an optional item(s). The normal 2½" dia. hoses that come with most shop vacs are just not flexible enough for use with smaller hand held tools. I modified one of my shop vacs years ago with a HEPA filter, drywall bag and flexible hose with great results. Whenever I hook up one of my small tools to it, I virtually am dust free.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        How long is the power cord and what gauge is the wire?
        How come no power tool outlet with automatic start of the vac when the power tool starts and delayed stop?

IF the vac had these features it would be excellent for use with portable power tools like sanders, routers, circ saws, grinders, etc.
        Great points BobD I see ridgid has no idea to look at what the leader in the suction field dose it! Looks like a big Fail to me
        I have done so much with so little for so long, I can do almost anything with nothing now!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X