Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Hard Drive with CS-10

Guys,

I have an important question for me...

Is it possible to use the monitor CS-10 directly connected to an common external Hard Disk Drive instead of using a thumb drive?

Any help is welcome!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Daniel Moraes; 09-15-2011, 10:34 AM.

Re: External Hard Drive with CS-10

Yes you can use an external HD. The only problem is the more inspections you get on the drive the longer the drive takes to get ready to record. So if your planning on storing a ton of inspections on one drive you will get slower with every new recording.

It does work though.. I would just keep it reasonable sized and be aware that the bigger the drive the slower the CS10 will run as you add more inspections.

josh

Comment

josh, amazing on your multitasking skills. can type and talk at the same time

why not just a thumb drive and then back it up on the hard drive and be able to categorize the files with your computer.

did you ever look into the lt-1000 system or the cs-1000 monitors.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Moraes View Post
        Guys,

I have an important question for me...

Is it possible to use the monitor CS-10 directly connected to an common external Hard Disk Drive instead of using a thumb drive?

Any help is welcome!

Thanks!
        Hi Daniel,

Though it *may* work, we do not recommend using an external drive as a direct storage option for the CS10. Josh addresses one of the bigger reasons, and the CS10 was not designed to accommodate and transfer to a large HDD. The entire workflow of the CS10 is geared towards a simple inspection combined with quick storage and easy distribution via the USB drives.

That being said, Plumber Rick's idea of backing up and organizing your jobs on a separate external HDD is a great idea. While we don't encourage attaching a large external drive directly to a CS10, we do encourage backing up data. You can never be too safe with your data.

Cheers,
        Eric

Comment

Thanks Josh, PLUMBER RICK and ericthomas!

I know it wouldn't be the better option, but maybe necessary in my case because it is a requirement of technical specification.

My best regards!

Comment

Working...
          X