Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Image Flip Key............

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Image Flip Key............

    Why is there no "Image Flip Key" on this high end monitor ??? It looks the be the only Ridgid monitor not to have one in recent history ???

    VERY annoying on some jobs
    Last edited by AssTyme; 12-30-2012, 03:49 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Image Flip Key............

    don't own that model, but realize that the flip only shows up live. Not on your recording.

    A little running water keeps you oriented.

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Image Flip Key............

      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      don't own that model, but realize that the flip only shows up live. Not on your recording.

      A little running water keeps you oriented.

      rick.


      Yes I know but sometimes it's just a real PITA to look at something upside down when you're trying to figure out exactly what you're looking at

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Image Flip Key............

        Are there any Ridgid techs out there that can tell me why this feature was omitted on this particular monitor and not the rest of the lineup ???

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Image Flip Key............

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Image Flip Key............

            Still looking for an answer so I just called Ridgid and talked to a VERY rude tech. He first tells me it was omitted because of cost factors and because it's a trend of digital monitors.

            I then asked why ALL other Ridgid monitors in the lineup such as the lower priced MINIPack and higher priced CS1000 had the feature and he told me in a VERY VERY rude tone " we can sit here and hash it out all day long but the fact remains it doesn't have one and it's never going to get one" "It's a cost factor".

            It took a few seconds for me to take in what I was hearing in such a pissy snotty tone. I've had excellent phone service in the past I couldn't believe my ears.

            I then asked why the lower priced/featured MINIPack monitor had the feature and he continued in his rude tone "because it only has a 5.7" screen size, it's a cost factor".

            He then went on to tell me that the image can be flipped after recording in the editing software (which I do not use anyway). I told him that when my customers are looking over my shoulder and I'm trying to explain things to them that it would be very helpful at times to rotate the image, that it would also be helpful for me at times. He came back by saying that most users of the CS10 are commercial users and don't need the feature.

            If he didn't have any legit answers for me he should have just told me so instead of getting pissy and coming back with off the wall answers.

            I was going to ask more questions but his tone really set me off, now I'm pissed


            Is there anyone here monitoring this forum that can tell me why this feature was omitted only from this particular high end monitor ???

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Image Flip Key............

              Here's your 'cost effective' solution:

              Click image for larger version

Name:	591d9f23d794f0b49a89f8c4ef6c67a3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	17138

              I bet the high-ups would like to know about the rude support person.
              ~~

              ... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Image Flip Key............

                The LCD used on the CS10 cannot be flipped. Its a hardware restriction in the 12" LCD. The 5.7" doesn't have the same restriction. The CS1000 uses the same 12" LCD but we can do flip screen because we process the image and the display it. This takes away from the images clarity slightly but allows us to put a heads up display around the edge of the screen and of course allows us to flip the screen. The CS10 has exceptional clarity and is probably easiest to use but it unfortunately doesn't have flips screen.

                Josh

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Image Flip Key............

                  Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  The LCD used on the CS10 cannot be flipped. Its a hardware restriction in the 12" LCD. The 5.7" doesn't have the same restriction. The CS1000 uses the same 12" LCD but we can do flip screen because we process the image and the display it. This takes away from the images clarity slightly but allows us to put a heads up display around the edge of the screen and of course allows us to flip the screen. The CS10 has exceptional clarity and is probably easiest to use but it unfortunately doesn't have flips screen.

                  Josh


                  Unfortunate but at least now I know why.


                  ThanX Josh !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Image Flip Key............

                    ooo ooo...i had the right idea then
                    ~~

                    ... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Image Flip Key............

                      i don't know why you even need a flipped screen. water running will always show the bottom of the pipe. in the 18 years i've been using seesnakes, i've never needed to flip a screen shot to know what i was looking at. plus the flipped image doesn't record in the flipped position anyways.

                      if you purchased a self leveling full size seesnake, then it would self center.

                      but i don't even own a self leveling camera. between my 18 years of camera inspections and 1000's of videos, i've never had 1 person ask for an explanation on why the picture is upside down. i explain that to them in person or on the video voice over.

                      honestly, like plumber punky showed, just flip the monitor if they really can't understand water is at the bottom of the pipe.

                      rick.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Image Flip Key............

                        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        i don't know why you even need a flipped screen. water running will always show the bottom of the pipe. in the 18 years i've been using seesnakes, i've never needed to flip a screen shot to know what i was looking at. plus the flipped image doesn't record in the flipped position anyways.

                        if you purchased a self leveling full size seesnake, then it would self center.

                        but i don't even own a self leveling camera. between my 18 years of camera inspections and 1000's of videos, i've never had 1 person ask for an explanation on why the picture is upside down. i explain that to them in person or on the video voice over.

                        honestly, like plumber punky showed, just flip the monitor if they really can't understand water is at the bottom of the pipe.

                        rick.


                        Just the reply I would expect from a pro Ridgid fanatic braggart like you who has done it all, seen it all, knows it all and even named a busted cable after himself.

                        I'm not a box of rocks as I don't have much of a problem figuring out which is the bottom of a sewer. When I'm video inspecting a line most of my customers want to watch & see what they are paying for and what the problem might be. When I point out the fact that the image is upside down or on it's side most of them never had a clue and will say "O, now I see..."

                        And yes, it will sometimes even help me in certain situations to look at something right side up.

                        I guess things are different in Hollywood when your head is swelled up bigger than a hot air balloon.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Image Flip Key............

                          Sometimes a flipped screen gives a better perspective on the bad section your looking at, particularly if the pipe is damaged on the side. In my 22+ years of drain cleaning, I've had no problem knowing where the bottom of the pipe is, as that is not the only function of the flip image feature. I've found it to be helpful in making a more accurate assessment of the extent of pipe damage. I agree with AssTyme, it makes no sense not to include it on the CS10. My CS1000 has it as we'll as lower end models so why not the higher end cs10? Also, the excuse given by the rude Ridgid rep makes no sense to me. Essentially the cs1000 is just a cs10 with an external hard drive and keyboard. If the feature is included in one, it should be included in the other.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Image Flip Key............

                            Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                            Just the reply I would expect from a pro Ridgid fanatic braggart like you who has done it all, seen it all, knows it all and even named a busted cable after himself.

                            I'm not a box of rocks as I don't have much of a problem figuring out which is the bottom of a sewer. When I'm video inspecting a line most of my customers want to watch & see what they are paying for and what the problem might be. When I point out the fact that the image is upside down or on it's side most of them never had a clue and will say "O, now I see..."

                            And yes, it will sometimes even help me in certain situations to look at something right side up.

                            I guess things are different in Hollywood when your head is swelled up bigger than a hot air balloon.
                            l

                            Maybe the customers in Hollywood can understand better from someone that actually explains to them what they're looking at. Maybe they know about special effects. Maybe I explain things better than you.

                            You have a lot to learn, and in your 2 years of experiance, you're a slow learner.

                            If it was really necessary, they would have it. Was it listed on the spec sheet and not included? No.

                            Grow up and learn instead of crying.

                            Rick.
                            phoebe it is

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Image Flip Key............

                              Come on everyone. Cant we all just get along. Whenever possible we try to include screen flip when the hardware permits. Most screens don't have the function built into it. We try to find the ones that do but they don't always.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X