Tailpiece Extension Cutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailpiece Extension Cutter

I'm proud to introduce the P-TEC 2550. It's our newest tubing tool for drain and disposer installs, designed to fill the need for an easier way to cut thin-walled tubular. Post any questions or feedback you have - especially after you've had a chance to try one out.

Take a look at the demonstration video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhXwa...feature=autofb

Enjoy!

-Joe

Re: Tailpiece Extension Cutter

I like the redesign of it. Looks like you guys took what we had to say at the roundup to heart.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Looks like a great tool!

Thanks for the video Joe

Any chance of a brass tubular version in the near future?

Comment

Great innovation. However, depending upon cost, I will probably still use sharp racheting cutter. A little twist produces a nice gentle cut. Plus you can do it while the pipe is stationary under the sink. Try spinning that thing around six times (the video looked like 10) under an already cramped sink.
        Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 04-24-2010, 06:42 PM.
        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Looks like a great tool, just to fancy for me. i will just stick to my $2.00 lenox sawzall blade that makes over 1,000 cuts before it no longer works!

Sorry Ridgid

Comment

What is the MSRP? If it is not too high people might pick it up but there are lots of alternatives.
            I have been using the tubing cutter (I think #1328)

Comment

Even the prototypes at the roundup were just so slick; quick, easy, perfect cut, everytime, no shavings to clean up.

I'm a drain cleaner. I do a lot of clogged sinks. About every third one has some ho/handyman bs in how the trap is installed. I just redo those from basket to roughin now; it's just easier and faster than trying to save some of the crap that's there.

I'm ordering one for each van. Small, light, works slick for something I do a lot of.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I just ordered one from ohio tool was around $15 will post when I get and use it.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I'll probably get one because I have a tendency to "pop" the tubes & traps with cutters. Even sharp ones.

And I can't stand the shavings cleanup.

But I do think it should have been hinged at the end for double ended tailpieces and extension tubes. I don't know about others, but I have those all of the time.

J.C.

Comment

At $15 even I would be inclined to buy one. Especially considering I cracked a tailpiece today with my ratcheting cutter. Where were you in the design stages of this JC?
                    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                      At $15 even I would be inclined to buy one. Especially considering I cracked a tailpiece today with my ratcheting cutter. Where were you in the design stages of this JC?
                      Under a house.

J.C.

Comment

the subject came up at the roundup about double ended tail pieces. not too sure about a split design, but a quick ruff cut with a tiny tim will cut it to approx. length and then a nice clean cut with the ptec cutter.

or just buy them and cut them in half from the get go.

i rather doubt they are $15.00. but if they are, give me a case of them

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          But I do think it should have been hinged at the end for double ended tailpieces and extension tubes. I don't know about others, but I have those all of the time.
                          That was mentioned at the roundup, but i think it would complicate the design and increase the cost. The solution a couple people had was just to stock single ended ones, and pass the cost along to the customer.

Comment

I remember that there was a contest at the round-up about naming the cutter and was wondering who won and came up with the name? Did Rick win this one? I cant wait to get one they work great and are so much better than a hack saw.
                            ________
                            Buy vapir oxygen
                            Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:46 PM.
                            Mike

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I like it. Easiest job in the world is inspecting something and finding issues with it.

I would have made it out of lightweight aluminum (like some mini-hacksaws) and hinged at the end. Flip open, clamp down, spin.

I know it probably would have cost more too.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X