Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tailpiece Extension Cutter

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
    I remember that there was a contest at the round-up about naming the cutter and was wondering who won and came up with the name? Did Rick win this one? I cant wait to get one they work great and are so much better than a hack saw.
    no

my "tubular twister" ended up on the loosing end

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I like Ridgid "SLICE" for marketing. More easily remembered and recognized in somewhere like Home Depot.

And I'll need the name of the person that plumbed that sink in the background.

J.C.

Comment

$18.08 plus shipping at Ohio Power Tool. At that price there is no reason not to have one (or in Rick's case 3 or 4). I really expected the price to be significantly higher. Nice job Ridgid!
        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          I'll probably get one because I have a tendency to "pop" the tubes & traps with cutters. Even sharp ones.

And I can't stand the shavings cleanup.

But I do think it should have been hinged at the end for double ended tailpieces and extension tubes. I don't know about others, but I have those all of the time.

J.C.
          agree with the hinge; con't believe I/no-one thought of it at the roundup.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Hey guys - thanks for the feedback! List price is $20.55 on the cutter. I've noticed some questions about a brass solution, both on the forum and at the Roadshows. Is this something you guys would be interested in? Can you list some issues you're having right now?

Comment

with brass tubular tailipeices i use a #15 for 1.25'' od and a 151 for 1.5'' od tubular.

fast and clean. don't know why you would design 1 for brass

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Cleveland View Post
                Hey guys - thanks for the feedback! List price is $20.55 on the cutter. I've noticed some questions about a brass solution, both on the forum and at the Roadshows. Is this something you guys would be interested in? Can you list some issues you're having right now?
                With the brass tubing, if you have a good sharp tubing cutter its not to much an issue, but it can start to oval out the tube. Hack saw leaves a jagged edge and sometime its cut at an angle.

When you make something like this for the brass tubing I will defiantly buy a few.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I wrote right at the beginning of the thread around $15 bucks ok $18 I got an email from Ridgid looked at the tool and thought it was a great price for it's intended use. Shipping is a little behind because they are new but mine is on it's way to me as I have the tracking number, Rick is getting a whole Case? Wow way to go Rick!
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Rick is getting a case to give out to his friends. Right Rick?
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                      Rick is getting a case to give out to his friends. Right Rick?
                      Guess that leaves J.C. out with all of our debated discussions.

J.C.

Comment

[QUOTE=SewerRatz;294574]With the brass tubing, if you have a good sharp tubing cutter its not to much an issue, but it can start to oval out the tube. Hack saw leaves a jagged edge and sometime its cut at an angle.

where it start too oval don't use a hack saw. Tin snips work better.
                        That just me.
                        Rich

Comment

So I love my extension cutter, thank you Ridgid.

I to think one for brass is a great idea! Brass tubular seems to weasr out my cutters quick and a tubinjg cutter like this might speed things up a bit when cutting brass. Also, with the plastic one now, I love the idea of not having shavings all over the customers house, and a perfect edge all the time!

great make!!
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

They are on the shelf in HD now, saw one there yesterday. Don't remember the price but I think it was under $20.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X