Thread cutting oilier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread cutting oilier

If you were able to change the oilier pump assemble on the ridgid hand oilier. Into a flow actuated switch intrinsically safe electric pump feed by a coil spring covered cable certified to pass durability, and safety inspections standards.(example bird pertch warmer cable is covered with coiled spring use this for visual effect)There would be no more fatigue in threading conduit on short handed crews in the construction field that would be all jobs. Life of the threading heads double possibly unbelievably doubled, and man power cut down more of a energy saver than a time saver.example of in the field use starts out with the ridgid tri stand with a rope looped through the leg another loop level with the top of the tri stand. this allows the pony to be run with one hand no matter what size conduit even the hog's head. that leaves one hand free for oiling the problem i have run into is that the oilier is to tier some for more than one thread cut. in most cases the threader is used for more than one thread this makes the hand sore quickly. if inventions department of ridgid could see this in action they wouldn't waste a second on dropping a dime in adding this simple change into reality. in my opinion this would bring ridgid tools company into the field with the leading and most cutting edge practices in threading conduit's of any size grc imc
    Last edited by MARKBORZYCH; 05-08-2017, 08:58 AM. Reason: expanding thought

And what is wrong with the automatic oilers most high end machines already have built into the through the head oiler?

Electricians threading conduit? you must be on a government job?

Rick

phoebe it is

Comment

• MARKBORZYCH
      MARKBORZYCH commented
      Editing a comment
      Conduit it not seen to be the same grade as black pipe if anyone knows the similarities they would say that the black pipe threads better

The idea in adding a electric pump with some sort of coil covered cord is that when bending then cut and threading there seems too be allot of abuse to the threading teeth and after replacing teeth several times the thought of adding this for the hogs head and pony.just makes sense. If all i ever used was a hand threader it wouldn't matter but with a minimun of a hundered feet of pipe a day the ridgid machines get beat.
    Last edited by MARKBORZYCH; 05-06-2017, 02:32 PM. Reason: A LITTLE EXPANDING OF THOUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      And what is wrong with the automatic oilers most high end machines already have built into the through the head oiler?

Electricians threading conduit? you must be on a government job?

Rick
      I don't understand why you say that Rick. Any time you're running rigid conduit you will probably need to cut and thread. I'm betting that since they don't thread as much as we do they are not equipped as well and don't have a 'high end' pipe machine but are probably using a hand stock and die with a hand oiler or a 300 power head or a Pony with a hand oiler. I always thought it was a one man job but electricians seem to turn many one man jobs into a two man project.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

• MARKBORZYCH
        MARKBORZYCH commented
        Editing a comment
        From what iv'e been told is that conduit is a poor grade pipe compared to the black pipe at least that is what i've been told sharing conversations around the job site.

you sound very intelligent the only thing is the unions are slowly being under attack saying were not what they want to pay for and if there is a way of improving by all means do so if not for yourself then for the customer

Comment

Why not just put the cutting oil into a pressurized hand pump or an old school fire extinguisher converted to the trigger gun. No pumping just squeezing. They alao make aerosl cutting oil cans that are a lot cheaper than paying for burned out dies.

plus your thereads were never meant to hold pressure. So a missing thread or 2 is not the end of the world. I believe your ridgid conduit is more likely American made unlike our garbage imported steel pipe. So your threads should be much more uniform than ours.

80 electricians sharing the same threader, sounds like government work to me. Heck I could sell you 2 brand new machines and still have 1 for myself. Ridgid 300 and a collins thread-o-matic.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

• MARKBORZYCH
          MARKBORZYCH commented
          Editing a comment
          Miller park milwaukee wisconsin we shared one hogs head, and three pony threaders any size four oilier's every ten men a gang box three complete bender set ups spread out two large benders it worked out ok but could of been better.
          Allot of pipe has to be the most man power iv'e ever seen work together on the same trade

These thought's on ridgid are likely old thought's the chances of them not being looked into even a little would be to me impossibly to conceive. This is just one thought i wonder how big there archives are with idea's for ridgid tools

Comment

Morning oilier's, powers on and the sun's out. Stay sharp have a - good day -

Comment

Ridgid tri stand how about the thought. Taking the leg and making a cable to hold the pony. It's description look's like the pony pushing up tethered to the leg. Under load it's quite impressive at how much of the torque is contained to the equipment, and for the connecting point just insert expanding pressure twist lock into the ponies handle, and secure with lock. Tri stand pony and oilier from gang box to ready for use in minutes

Comment

you sure you're not trying to reinvent the wheel?

they make a hold back vise that allows the electric hand held threader to lock against the hold back vise. I use it on 1.5 and 2'' pipe. smaller i can easily control the torque.

But when you have no tristand vise, then you could use the holdback vise to thread pipe free hand.

or you could do away with all power threaders and do like i did. Cut, ream, oil/thread and screw a fitting on a piece of 1'' black pipe in 62 seconds with just hand tools, non electric.

yes, there was smoke coming off the threader and my head.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

62 Seconds Rick, you are unbelievable................

Comment

the largest i've ran with the rope is the hog's head 4" conduit cut thread and ream.
                  Last edited by MARKBORZYCH; 05-18-2017, 06:10 AM. Reason: EXPANDING THOUGHT

Comment

Working...
                  X