X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody using the ridgid connect yet?

Are you just trying it for free? And how is it? I already have my own system And I don't know if I really trust web based server systems.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Anybody using the ridgid connect yet?

I have not. Think my business might be too small.

Why wouldn't web based be better? I mean out "there" backed up and managed?

Trying to learn......

J.C.

Comment

I don't trust my info sitting on any hard drive other than my own. Employees come and go sometimes not parting friends, I have no real reason to fear this I just do. I don't use web email either for the same reason.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I used to have the same fears Cuda. That was a big hurdle for me to get over but after using RidgidConnect for a while now I can tell you from expierience that security is NOT an issue.

Comment

what is the main use for ridgid connect?

Comment

i'm like jc i think my business is too small but watching the video it all sounds pretty cool but small town small budget

Comment

I`m like the rest of you I don`t trust others having my personal or business info and I regulary back up my computer onto a USB stick and have a number of back ups well away from my computer even if it blows up or my house burns down with it in it.

Tony

Comment

Of those that have security issues do you do any online banking at all? What about using Paypal?, Amazon?

Comment

I am the lead over the RIDGIDConnect Development. Security is one of the main reasons you might think about using this service. We are hosting the site with one of the top datacenters in the world on dedicated hardware. They have a great SLA (Service Level Agreement) that ensures your data is backed up and always available. We have also undergone 3rd party security audits to ensure we did not leave any holes in the system.

I have worked with many customers along the jouney to launching RIDGIDConnect. The stories that I heard about lost DVDs or media were fairly high. On top of that there were stories of stolen laptops, crashed PCs and servers, and so forth. With a web based solution, you can replace stolen equipment knowing that your data never fell into the wrong hands and that you will be up and running as soon as the internet connection is made.

RIDGIDConnect is a quickly evolving. Day one, it was about sharing videos. It has grown-up over the last year to be used for job management and contact management in general. You will find that many of the "jobs" in the system do not have any media on them. You will also find more jobs that have before and after photos on them. These have been used to protect quite a few of our early adopters of RIDGIDConnect.

I would encourage you all to give it a try. If you have any questions along the way, there is a dedicated support line for RIDGIDConnect that is ready to help your or explain anything you need more insight on.
                  Justin Daw
                  RIDGID
                  Check out RIDGIDConnect Today!

Comment

RIDGIDIT summed up the security aspect of RIDGIDConnect well. RIDGIDConnect may not be for everyone. However, if you are thinking you are too small for RIDGIDConnect, I would suggest that our basic account is not too big for you. There would be a couple of benefits to a smaller business...

- Leverage what has been built by Ridge Tool to provide you with an computing capability of a larger company.
                    - Peace of mind to know that your information is backed up and secure while still available 24x7.
                    - Ability to access your information over a mobile phone (Provided you have a data plan with your cellular provider).
                    - Ability to share your insights with your customers in a professional presentation via the web.
                    - Organized repository of the work you have done by customer. Not only is this a good internal reference, but if you go to sell your business it is an asset of knowledge that validates your black book of customers.
                    - A place to store before and after pictures. Taking a picture before you start service work and after is a great way to show the value of the professional services you provide. Its also a good practice to get into and have available should someone claim you did something wrong.

Comment

You agree that RIDGID may (i) compile statistical and performance information related to the use of the Site, and (ii) use portions of Your User Materials that do not contain personally identifiable elements for purposes of creating reports (such as demographic reports) and in other marketing activities initiated by RIDGID.

Does this mean Ridgid is going to looking at my pictures and solicit me?

I really would not want Ridgid going through my pics for any reason.
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I can tell you on behalf of the development team and the management of RIDIGDConnect - that we are not going through your stuff. We built RIDGIDConnect from the start to be a secure environment for our users. Given that it is a hosted site dealing with media we have certain 'requirements' in our user agreement that you would find in other on-line sites that support personal media. What we do intend to monitor is the use of fields in the job report, number of contacts that e mails for reports are sent to and other usage statistics. This will help us know where to focus our development efforts going forward to enrich the sites capabiltiy and add value.

We do however have a responsiblity to police the data base should any inappropriate or mislawful content be posted.

As for the images - if you look in the video on the home page we have some users (from our BETA testing) with screens of the site up. Its their actual content and we are using it to show others how the system is being used from an advertising perspective. This is a release for us capturing information neutered screen shots such as this.

Comment

Great Article in this month's Reeves Journal on why contractors need to be as excited about new technology / business tools as they are with a new tool.

http://www.reevesjournal.com/Article...00000000796078

Comment

Working...
                          X