Oled line trace?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oled line trace?

I had a chance to try out the new oled dvd pak and full size see snake. Since this is the first camera that I have used, I have nothing to compare it against. It was easy to set up and get working with a trial dvd, and I was able to see the picture with the built in shade fairly easily.
    I do have a couple of questions,
    1- There are 5 levels of recording quality. I did 30 sec. recordings of the 5 different levels in 3 different situations, and didn't notice any difference in the top 3 levels, and a very slight difference in the lowest levels. Does anyone have a preference on the quality? I might have to camera all the lines in a shopping center and was curios
    2- The line trace feature seems to work as well as trying to trace a snake cable that does not get to ground through pvc piping. Do I need to push the camera head to a point that I can get it in contact with a ground (via another cleanout and fishing a piece of solder attached to a shovel - this works well with my snake), or am i missing something. Tried 1,8,33 htz & induction. Did not work until I grounded the front end - then it works in all scenarios. Tried connecting a 10 ga. wire to the head and grounding the return wire, but I think the signal gets cancelled out.
    Anyone have these issues?

Bryan

Re: Oled line trace?

On the recording levels question.. I would always run it in high and just use multiple dvds if you are going over an hr. DVDs are cheap and easy to switch out.

On the line trace. it is extremely important to get a good ground when you hook up the transmitter. This poses a problem in the middle of parking lots and areas where you cant stretch the cable out far enough to ground the one stake.

Josh

Originally posted by bdp View Post
    I had a chance to try out the new oled dvd pak and full size see snake. Since this is the first camera that I have used, I have nothing to compare it against. It was easy to set up and get working with a trial dvd, and I was able to see the picture with the built in shade fairly easily.
    I do have a couple of questions,
    1- There are 5 levels of recording quality. I did 30 sec. recordings of the 5 different levels in 3 different situations, and didn't notice any difference in the top 3 levels, and a very slight difference in the lowest levels. Does anyone have a preference on the quality? I might have to camera all the lines in a shopping center and was curios
    2- The line trace feature seems to work as well as trying to trace a snake cable that does not get to ground through pvc piping. Do I need to push the camera head to a point that I can get it in contact with a ground (via another cleanout and fishing a piece of solder attached to a shovel - this works well with my snake), or am i missing something. Tried 1,8,33 htz & induction. Did not work until I grounded the front end - then it works in all scenarios. Tried connecting a 10 ga. wire to the head and grounding the return wire, but I think the signal gets cancelled out.
    Anyone have these issues?

Bryan

Comment

Re: Oled line trace?

Thanks Josh,
      I'll play with the line trace more this weekend. I used this on jobs already and it sure impresses the customers - what a good investment.

Bryan

Comment

Working...
      X