Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Seesnake HQ DVD problems

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seesnake HQ DVD problems

    I am having trouble using the dvd burn feature. I can only select burn to file not my dvd recording drive as it is not listed just file. This is the same on my home pc and my laptop. Even if I choose a file it only sets the burn up and when it goes to start the burn process it says there is an error because it does not know how to open a .IFO file. But my main concern is to make a dvd off of my reports. I did not make a dvd as I usually do thinking I would just use the seesnake hq when I got home. Do I need a dvd recording software stand alone program already installed? I am using vista 64 and windows 7 32 bit. Thanks
    Seattle Drain Service

  • #2
    Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

    Cuda, are you sure you have a DVD burner in the laptop. A lot of laptops have been sold with CD/DVD readers only. Most online purchase sites default to readers only unless you select DVD burner. Have you burned any dvds on the drive yet using any other programs?

    If you do have one let me know and I can have our engineers look into what could be the issue.

    Thanks,

    Josh

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

      I have never burned a dvd on the laptop so that might be true for it but I have burned many dvds on my home PC and that is where the errors are. I just can't figure out why HQ doesn't see my dvd recorder.
      Seattle Drain Service

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

        Originally posted by Cuda View Post
        I have never burned a dvd on the laptop so that might be true for it but I have burned many dvds on my home PC and that is where the errors are. I just can't figure out why HQ doesn't see my dvd recorder.
        Hey Cuda,

        It's possible that another DVD program is open in the background or that some other applications is tying up the DVD burner. If anything else is communicating with the DVD burner, then SeeSnake HQ will not see the hardware.

        Verify that nothing else is open and communicating with the DVD burner, even in the background. That could be your culprit.

        Regards,
        Eric

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

          Also... could you let us know which version of HQ you have on your PC. the latest version is.

          1.53.113.1638

          To find out what release you are using go to Tools->About

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

            I have the latest. 1.53.113.1638 and nothing running in the background using the DVD. And I double checked I do have a dvdrw drive in my laptop but again I really want my PC to do the burns because it has more power.
            Seattle Drain Service

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

              Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              I have the latest. 1.53.113.1638 and nothing running in the background using the DVD. And I double checked I do have a dvdrw drive in my laptop but again I really want my PC to do the burns because it has more power.
              Hey Cuda,

              There is a possibility that the problem is something very simple: blank DVD media has to be in the drive in order for it to appear (this isn't necessarily intuitive logic, so we'll look into fixing this).

              Does that resolve the issue?

              Cheers,
              Eric

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

                As far as media goes I have some dvd's that work great for my sony portable recorder and work great in my ridgid dvd lcd monitor (old style) but don't work with windows vista , so I have some dvd's that work in my pc that are compatible with windows media etc. Both of my dvd's work with Nero burning. So I still have no option to burn to dvd in HQ, but it will let me burn it to a file now and then If I have to I can burn a data DVD of the file with Nero or Windows media, but just as a file not with the HQ special intro etc. I have 20 of these to burn and really need HQ to work as I do not wish to go do the inspections again lol. But I think they will except just a video burned to disc without all the frills. I normally do the inspection with my sony dvd recorder going at the same time as I am recording it with HQ and I give the DVD to the customer and keep the digital for our company records in case a customer needs the dvd because they lose it. But the 20 inspections I did where in places where I didn't have ready access to AC power for my Sony so I figured I would just use HQ and do them when I got home so that is why I am kinda stuck right now. What would really help to know is am I correct in think that other people open up the job in HQ, then pick report, then click DVD, then click burn and are GIVEN A CHOICE BETWEEN BURNING TO FILE OR SELECTING DVD?
                Seattle Drain Service

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

                  Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                  As far as media goes I have some dvd's that work great for my sony portable recorder and work great in my ridgid dvd lcd monitor (old style) but don't work with windows vista , so I have some dvd's that work in my pc that are compatible with windows media etc. Both of my dvd's work with Nero burning. So I still have no option to burn to dvd in HQ, but it will let me burn it to a file now and then If I have to I can burn a data DVD of the file with Nero or Windows media, but just as a file not with the HQ special intro etc. I have 20 of these to burn and really need HQ to work as I do not wish to go do the inspections again lol. But I think they will except just a video burned to disc without all the frills. I normally do the inspection with my sony dvd recorder going at the same time as I am recording it with HQ and I give the DVD to the customer and keep the digital for our company records in case a customer needs the dvd because they lose it. But the 20 inspections I did where in places where I didn't have ready access to AC power for my Sony so I figured I would just use HQ and do them when I got home so that is why I am kinda stuck right now. What would really help to know is am I correct in think that other people open up the job in HQ, then pick report, then click DVD, then click burn and are GIVEN A CHOICE BETWEEN BURNING TO FILE OR SELECTING DVD?
                  Hi Cuda,

                  I'll pass this information along, but just to clarify... you've actually tried it with the blank DVD in your drive and it still doesn't show up as an option?

                  Regards,
                  Eric

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

                    Originally posted by ericthomas View Post
                    Hi Cuda,

                    I'll pass this information along, but just to clarify... you've actually tried it with the blank DVD in your drive and it still doesn't show up as an option?

                    Regards,
                    Eric
                    Yes I have media in the DVD recorder.
                    Seattle Drain Service

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

                      Update My Laptop works with HQ to burn DVD's now it was the fact of using the dvd's that are windows 7 compatible made it work on the laptop. But my main concern is my PC, I have switched my dvd drive letter to D just incase thats what HQ wanted: no change;Updated all firmware and drivers just to see: no change. Double checked system devices and made sure that the dvd not the cd was the main windows recorder: no change, made sure the dvd was the ide master and not the slave to the cd: no change. I am going crazy on this one My dvd is a TDK DVDRW42ON and is a 2007 year. It might be this dvd just won't work with HQ and I will buy another to see. I also just for kicks updated my vista to service pack 1 which I did not want to do because it won't work with some of my older programs and that did nothing. So it's either my dvd drive or some setting in my bios. Also my laptop dvd does not make the HQ chapters just makes an audio file and a video file if placed in a computer I do not know if it will make chapters and play in a home dvd player. I must check all these things as one never knows what a customer may use to play the dvd's
                      Last edited by Cuda; 12-16-2010, 10:00 PM.
                      Seattle Drain Service

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

                        Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                        Yes I have media in the DVD recorder.
                        Hey Cuda,

                        Haha, okay. Just wanted to make sure.

                        What are the system specs for the computer that you're trying to burn the DVDs on?

                        Regards,
                        Eric

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

                          3gig dual intel cpu,tri sli motherboard,3 8800 gtx video cards, 1200 watt power supply,tdk dvd burner, 4 gigs of ram. Raptor Hardrive.
                          Seattle Drain Service

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

                            Dang, so we know your PC isn't underpowered ey.

                            Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                            3gig dual intel cpu,tri sli motherboard,3 8800 gtx video cards, 1200 watt power supply,tdk dvd burner, 4 gigs of ram. Raptor Hardrive.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Seesnake HQ DVD problems

                              My problem is solved!
                              I disconnected my cd rom drive that was set to slave (I never use it anymore anyway) and bam the HQ saw the DVD drive and I burned a couple test DVD's. Pretty fast also took about 2 min total for each one.
                              So What I learned from this is if you are using windows vista or windows 7 you must use compatible dvd media.
                              And if it wont see the dvd disconnect your cd rom. Worked for me!
                              Seattle Drain Service

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X