X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged MPEG File

I just finished a camera job and I tried exporting the file. During the "transcoding to flash" process the progress bar stopped for 30 minutes or more. I tried shutting everything down and even restarted the computer. The same thing happened. I think the reason the export keeps freezing is because one of the video files inside the current job is damaged. One of the videos will not play inside HQ. When I scroll over the video to look at the file info I can see that the file is 573 MB but the duration is 0:00. Is there anything I can do to fix this video or do I need to go back and do the job again. Any help would be great. Thanks

Re: Damaged MPEG File

Paul, try dragging the avi file from your HQ job to your desktop. Then try opening it with windows media player or some other software.

I'll let one of our engineers know about this thread and see if they can help ya out. Sounds like the file is plenty big so its not empty...

Josh

Comment

I pulled the file to my desktop and tried to play it with windows media player and windows movie maker. Neither of them would play the file. I excluded the damaged file from my report and I was able to export the rest of the data. However the damaged file is the majority of the video recorded during this job. Thanks

Comment

Hi- this happened with me also, it would not burn to dvd or play the "damaged file" but played the rest of the video and burned the rest of the video fine, which was part 2 of a sewer inspection.

It was determined that when I was moving the camera to the second clean out, I unplugged the unit to fast.

Just a heads up...
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

this is why i use an a/c power cord and a battery backup to protect my data.

had a whole day video take a dump when the power cord was unplugged during the finalizing process

now with the battery backup, it's protected.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

when using the lt1000m it says warning not recommended to be using ac power.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_C View Post
              I pulled the file to my desktop and tried to play it with windows media player and windows movie maker. Neither of them would play the file. I excluded the damaged file from my report and I was able to export the rest of the data. However the damaged file is the majority of the video recorded during this job. Thanks
              Hey Paul,

Just to clarify, is it an MPEG file (i.e. from a DVD import) or a file made with LT1000+HQ or CS1000? We don't generally create MPEG's (except in the case of a DVD export), is it an MJPEG?

Unfortunately, the only way to know what's wrong with the file is if we can take a look at it. If you're up for it, sending us a bug report with the Job could be helpful in diagnosing what's wrong with the file. Here are the instructions to do so:
              1. Open the Job with the damaged file.
              2. From the Job window, click on 'Help' > 'Send Bug Report'.
              3. Fill out the fields in the from that pops up. The more information you provide, the better we can communicate with you.
                *Note: Be sure to check the Job checkbox below the log checkbox.
              4. Click 'Send' to submit the bug report.
              It sounds like this Job is rather large, so uploading the Job to us will take a good amount of time. Before starting this process, be sure that you'll be able to dedicate a while (I'm unsure of the length, as it varies based on the size of the Job and the internet connection available) to the task. You don't need to physically be doing anything during the transfer, but ensure that your computer won't fall asleep or lose internet connection for a while.

Cheers,
              Eric

Comment

I get a few damaged files no matter how careful I am, and some times I really need the video bad, like the other day I was on my 4th camera job and my sony dvd maker I use to make a back up dvd just in case went bad so I just crossed my fingers and went real careful, but you guessed it when I got home HQ could not open the file. Windows media could not either but my DIVX player complained but would play it. I then tried my editor program but it could not convert it from mpeg 4 to mpeg 2. I really needed the dvd bad so I used Nero Vision to fix it and make the DVD. It's not just the mpeg conversion but other files are needed to make it have chapters etc, and the audio.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                X