Dvd Recording software in HQ Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvd Recording software in HQ Problems

As I have done over 200 Inspections with my lt1000 I must say I can not count on the HQ software for making DVD's. Ever since I started having problems I learned to hook my sony DVD recorder up at the beginning of the inspection so that I could provide a DVD at the end of the job as that is part of my legal contract. The biggest problem with HQ's dvd recording software is it does not do the complete job. I sit there and preview the content before burning to DVD then hit burn and when it's done and I watch the DVD most of the DVD content is not there. It only records usually the first 2 min then ends. Leaving out 15 min of video. Recently the city that hired me asked for more dvds of the jobs and I can not provide them. I can watch it till the cows come home on my laptop or home PC but can not get the content on a dvd for my customer.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Dvd Recording software in HQ Problems

I'll get one of the engineers on here to see what he can figure out. Haven't heard of this one yet but it sounds like its no fun. In the mean time, will the city take digital?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      As I have done over 200 Inspections with my lt1000 I must say I can not count on the HQ software for making DVD's. Ever since I started having problems I learned to hook my sony DVD recorder up at the beginning of the inspection so that I could provide a DVD at the end of the job as that is part of my legal contract. The biggest problem with HQ's dvd recording software is it does not do the complete job. I sit there and preview the content before burning to DVD then hit burn and when it's done and I watch the DVD most of the DVD content is not there. It only records usually the first 2 min then ends. Leaving out 15 min of video. Recently the city that hired me asked for more dvds of the jobs and I can not provide them. I can watch it till the cows come home on my laptop or home PC but can not get the content on a dvd for my customer.
      Hi Cuda,

Have you, by any chance, communicated this problem via a bug report? I'm only asking because we've received a similar sounding ticket recently, and I don't want to inundate you with the same information twice.

Assuming you haven't, have you verified that there isn't any other DVD software running, whether in the background or not? Sometimes competing software can block necessary resources to HQ. If you're using a Sony recorder, it's possible that some special Sony DVD software was installed when you installed or connected the drive itself. Also, what version of HQ are you running? The most recent version is 1.53.144.1333.

Regards,
      Eric

Comment

No offense to anyone, but this is why digital doesn't interest me in relation to sewer line videos. There will always be problems arising like this. Always. The IT team will probably be there for you and do a good job of correcting it when it arises. But it will always be there as software changes, your personal computers/programs change, and the end customer has an issue because they don't have the latest version of Flash or some sort of player.

Just seems like more work and unproductive calls to seem "technologically up to date".

Burn DVD. Give DVD. Thanks & Goodbye.

My old fashioned opinion.

J.C.

Comment

Hey Cuda,

Just wanted to follow up on this. While HQ typically doesn't give our users issues, the wide range of DVD burning hardware out there has been known to cause some hiccups in functionality. If you'd like, we can send you a USB drive in which you could load your Jobs, then send it back to us. We would then burn the DVDs for you, while simultaneously having access to the troubled Jobs for investigation.

If you are open to this, let us know and email your contact information to HQsupport@seesnake.com so that we can get a USB drive out to you.

Kind regards,
          Eric

Comment

Working...
          X