X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Videos

I love the LT 1000 and the HQ software. Now I have one question I think others might be wondering.

Before the LT 1000 I did get me the digital adapter for my MicroExplorer, so I could recored videos off my old B&W monitor. Now i have these videos on my hard drive that I transfered from the memory card. Is there a way to have the HQ software access these previously recoreded Videos so I could make a report with them. This would be nice to be able to do so I can keep track of all my videos made for a job in one place.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Importing Videos

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
    I love the LT 1000 and the HQ software. Now I have one question I think others might be wondering.

Before the LT 1000 I did get me the digital adapter for my MicroExplorer, so I could recored videos off my old B&W monitor. Now i have these videos on my hard drive that I transfered from the memory card. Is there a way to have the HQ software access these previously recoreded Videos so I could make a report with them. This would be nice to be able to do so I can keep track of all my videos made for a job in one place.
    Hey Ron,

I'm gonna take a look at this today.

I'll let you know what I come across as soon as I'm finished.

Cheers,
    Eric

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post

Hey Ron,

Ok, so I've taken a look at this and I've got good news for you. HQ is able to read the media (both photos and videos) from the Micro Explorer and compile them into a report, if you'd like.

Even better, it's pretty simple. Once you've got the media off your SD card and on your computer, simply locate the files, open a new Job and drag and drop them into the media bar on the left side of the HQ screen (where the media thumbnails appear when you've captured them with the LT1000) and voila!

There is a caveat, however.

The Micro Explorer capitalizes the extension names for its files. For example, for the video files, it uses the extension name '.AVI' instead of '.avi'. Currently, HQ doesn't like this. SO, in order to successfully import media from your Micro Explorer into HQ, you can do one of two things:
      1. You can rename the extensions of your media files to lower-case. This way, they'll play friendly with the current HQ release. If the extensions aren't showing up for you, you'll need to change your settings to see them. To do this, from any Windows Explorer window click on 'Tools' > 'Folder options...' > 'View'. Scroll down until you see the 'Hide extensions for known file types' option and uncheck it.
      2. We will be releasing a new update to HQ within a week. This release has a fix that will allow these files to be imported as they are. You can wait for this release with the integrated solution, if you'd like.
      So there you go. Hopefully that clears up any confusion about the Micro Explorer/HQ relationship.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
      Eric

Comment

Eric,

Thank you for the quick response. This is great news. Thank you all for the hard work for getting the LT1000 and SeeSnake HQ developed and out to us. This is the kind of stuff I been looking forward to see for the SeeSnake camera systems.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

This thread is a great example of why the Ridgid forum rocks

Comment

Dangit.. Eric beat me to the response I have done this a few times on my PC. Works well. Ya just drag it in there and it converts and shows up just like a video you have taken with the LT1000.

This is important if you are pulling images off your digital camera as well. Like taking a picture of the property or the clean out location. This was one of the early pieces of functionality that the one of our field testers requested.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              This thread is a great example of why the Ridgid forum rocks
              Exactly!
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
              X