Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: microDrain Challenge List

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
    Sewer to drinking water pipes no way, no how...
    guilty

Comment

I hope everyone understands that the places you all are wanting to take this camera...that some of them mentioned will be the point of "no return" given some of them mentioned really suck managing a spinning, power-fed drain cable through.

That camera is going to work great through a toilet, but imagine trying to go 15' beyond that toilet and maneuver a few bends...? The resistance trying to fight through that trap is going to be substantial I would imagine.

The unit will certainly serve its purpose, no doubt. The only thing I've heard negative about the setup is it is not compatible with a recent older model micro explorer?

Someone clarify this for me. I could see this being a plus for kitchen sink drain lines to "show" my customers the belly in their pipes, and the state of KY for the problems these new homes have been having with sagging pipes between 4' on center supports.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

It's the CHALLENGE list; lets find the limits.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I CHALLENGE Ridgid to get to market for under 2 grand

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            I CHALLENGE Ridgid to get to market for under 2 grand
            2 grand?!?!?!?

Should be much less. You can get a flatpack with monitor & 100' of pushrod for $2800.00 vs.

30'
            of smaller color pushrod.

J.C.
            Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 03-04-2009, 06:31 PM.

Comment

You can't compare the two. Completly different from each other. The MicroDrain brings a whole new dimension to the camera line. It goes and records where no others can. That's worth 2 grand in my book.

BTW my new Explorer came today

What's up with the cord that has 2 prongs on it?

Comment

Mark told me overseas power as I didn't have a clue myself.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  You can't compare the two. Completly different from each other. The MicroDrain brings a whole new dimension to the camera line. It goes and records where no others can. That's worth 2 grand in my book.

BTW my new Explorer came today

What's up with the cord that has 2 prongs on it?
                  Not for me. Trying to think of all the situations I've encountered in the past where it would help. Can't really think of many for myself where it would increase speed, accuracy, & decrease destruction.

More of a convenience to me or sales tool. Don't need either right now at that price vs. amount of use for me.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                  X