Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: microDrain loop comparison

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
    Hey I've seen a few push rods cut right through by a sawzall. Rookies cutting pipes before they pulled the camera out.
    I've cut a hose end off.

You guys got unsupervised kids running around with this type of an investment.
    How does this ink out?

Comment

All business models I've seen are a balancing act between volume and quality. It's no coincidence that high volume businesses that succeed are divided into groups, then subdivided, and then again, to keep each position's resposibility to a size one person can manage. The key is always having good people, and in larger organizations being able to recognize people's strengths and moving them to places they can succeed, and giving them the backup they need in their weak areas.

For those of us who demand the highest quality it is difficult to achieve much growth because we find it difficult to let go. It is difficullt to accept that another way than ours might be ok, or even better for another tech because of differences in people. It is so hard for me to allow a new tech to wreck something, but sometimes getting bit is the fastest way to learn, and the lesson is well worth the cost of a cable, etc. if it is truly learned.

The ink will do what the ink will do; you have to just work the program that suits you as diligently as you can.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

as you all know, Josh is a great innovator, and we all know this product will make our job much easier . i know it will be a great addition to the collection

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          now if they made a cable that is inflatable with air to adjust the stiffness, then you could have the best of both worlds
          Instead of air, what if a jetter hose was used? Have the fiber optic cable and jetter hose in one hose and when you turned the jetter on, the cable would stiffen.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Tougher than it sounds. Attempts have been made at this concept in the past. Or variants where you have a jetter and drain cleaner in one. Trying to do 2 things at once takes your reliability way down. Not saying that its impossible its just a wee bit tricky ;-)

Good thinking though Ben.

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Instead of air, what if a jetter hose was used? Have the fiber optic cable and jetter hose in one hose and when you turned the jetter on, the cable would stiffen.

Comment

All I wanted was a micro to go through a toilet trap. What is this new camera system going to cost? I figure $2000.00. How about a 3' piece of this new cable and a micro camera head so I can see in the toilet. Who is with me on this???

Comment

This is for a complete system PreSale.

http://www.ohiopowertool.com/p-2062-...rer-32928.aspx

I posted a link somewhere where a competitor made a something similar with a 3' section. I'll try to find it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                  All I wanted was a micro to go through a toilet trap. What is this new camera system going to cost? I figure $2000.00. How about a 3' piece of this new cable and a micro camera head so I can see in the toilet. Who is with me on this???
                  i was saying the same thing too for a long time to josh and co. but i wanted 6'

that was until i saw them push out to 30' via a toilet into the rest of the waste lines

so, yes it would be nice to have a micro camera that attaches to the micro, but the the new micro drain is the camera system that allows for easy access to the rest of the inside plumbing system.

p.s. the micro drain is a real nice package they put together. it will connect to a seesnake monitor and an explorer unit.

for true plug and play the explorer or the new dvd pack is the hot ticket

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Here's one.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23213

J.C.

Comment

It would seem easier at this point to make an attachment for the push rod than to redesign the push rod.
                      Attached Files

Comment

And there's the other.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23361

Am I on the R&D department payroll yet?

J.C.

Comment

JC, Dont worry we pay attention to the stuff you guys post. There were lots of considerations in this project. The 30 ft version seemed to be the sweet spot.

Josh

Comment

Josh I think that new camera system is great. It has a place to be sure. All I can say is my micro going through a toilet trap would make it perfect. I already have a camera that can look into drain lines. If the trouble isn't in the toilet, I'll pull the toilet and look.

Comment

alright guys--i have talked with josh about this and cant figure out why you guys want to shove a camera in a toilet---i will never need to do this, and if you do, you still have to pull the toilet to free the problem. so are you hoping you wont have to pull a toilet or wouldnt you rather just pull it and fix it than spend time looking at a problem your camera cant fix??? you cant snake a k60 through a toilet!!!! i think it would help on sump discharges that have issues, slab homes , and any drain my camera cant do!!!! i just hope it has a sonde on it to be able to locate in a slab home. looks like a great one , josh----congrats

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                                alright guys--i have talked with josh about this and cant figure out why you guys want to shove a camera in a toilet---i will never need to do this, and if you do, you still have to pull the toilet to free the problem. so are you hoping you wont have to pull a toilet or wouldnt you rather just pull it and fix it than spend time looking at a problem your camera cant fix??? you cant snake a k60 through a toilet!!!! i think it would help on sump discharges that have issues, slab homes , and any drain my camera cant do!!!! i just hope it has a sonde on it to be able to locate in a slab home. looks like a great one , josh----congrats
                                the purpose of having a camera capable of navigating a toilet is many.

main reason is to determine if the toilet is truly cleared or the stoppage is still there as in a toy, or brush. it's also a way to easily get into the main and determine if the problem is in the main. many times toilets don't flush properly and knowing what's going on inside a toilet or the main will save an educated guess.

when the micro was first introduced a good 18 months ago. one of the biggest questions was if it could get through a toilet. at the first roundup, every plumber there was interested in a camera that could get through a toilet. i know for a fact that a camera that can get through a toilet is a very valuable tool for the service and drain cleaning companies.

now maybe you can't snake a through a toilet with a k-60, but i can and i have. actually it was a k-50 with 5/8'' sectional, but the k-60 will run the same cable. went in over 30' and pulled back baby wipes. i know i wrote about it a couple years ago. all i need to do is find the link with photos.

josh has put in a tremendous amount of time, energy, thought and resources into this project and it is not in vein. he has the support of all of us along with ridgid, and the entire team of people that had anything to do with making our needs a reality.

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X