MicroDrain Explorer Digital Camera & Reel Arrived Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MicroDrain Explorer Digital Camera & Reel Arrived Today

You told me to buy some of these so I did! I didn't know the camera was self leveling, zooms and could record video and still shots! Very impressed.

When will we have these functions in a standard SeeSnake camera Ridgid?

Does anyone know how easy it is to snap the push cable? Is it fibreglass?
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

Re: MicroDrain Explorer Digital Camera & Reel Arrived Today

bill, not sure about yours as i have an original prototype with the milky clear push rod. it seems like it is very durable and not easily damaged.

love the combination of the micro explorer. easy to operate, and light weight.

you'll be posting photos much easier as it's already jpeg media.

wasn't i suppose to be hand delivering all the new toys

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The cable is extremely flexible. It's made to go through many toilet traps and p-traps. We've thrown a lot at the cable in testing and its stood up. I can't say that it will never break, but I don't think durability will be an issue.

Brian
      Product Manager Ridgid

Comment

Nobody is harder on camera equipment than me. Just ask my local SeeSnake Repair center J.C. once told me I can "break an anvil with a bananna"

I've had the Microdrain for about 4 months now and dished out some hard pushes and pulls. It's in use just about everyday, sometimes several times a day. No need to be delicate with it like the Compact push cable. I haven't found a weak spot on it yet but I keep looking.

Comment

Yeah, I think you could say its pretty durable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56WHZeg14yo

Comment

ive had mine for quite awhile and have not been able to hurt it either---its very handy and quick-----i cant go out without it

Comment

Wow, that's amazing. Thanks for all your input. I will be happy to hand them out to all my plumbers after seeing that you-tube clip! We also bought a new mini colour seesnake. The new lcd screen is bigger and its features are great!

We need the processor from the microdrain in the back of all the monitors Ridgid!
              Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
                You told me to buy some of these so I did! I didn't know the camera was self leveling, zooms and could record video and still shots! Very impressed.

When will we have these functions in a standard SeeSnake camera Ridgid?

Does anyone know how easy it is to snap the push cable? Is it fibreglass?
                So what did you pay for only the micro drain reel in Australia as looking for them in the US are around $1700.00

Tony

Comment

Tony

They sell here for $2,490+gst rec retail with 12 month warranty inside Australia. They will plug into any Ridgid camera monitor and convert it into a micro camera saving you needing two different systems. Call me at the shop tomorrow and I'll do you a deal!
                  Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X