X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microDrain for pool work

I was talking to Mark (toUtahNow) the other day, and he said I should post this. I have used my microDrain a few times now to inspect the lines for swimming pools. The camera easily gets past the first 2" elbow, but I could not make it through a second elbow, which I think is to be expected. Fortunately, that was enough to find the problem each time. The owners of the pools were happy to know what the problem was before they had to start tearing out the slabs around the pools. Just another example of how handy this little camera is.

Re: microDrain for pool work

i've used my color compact to negotiate 3 & 4 90s in return lines. spotted the bubbles, located the break and went off on my merry way.

are you hand pushing or using a pump to carry the camera head? 1.5 or 2 inch lines?

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

i've posted about this with photos months ago. i can get into 1.5'' pvc. sch 40, 90's without a guide ball and 2'' 90's with a guide ball. 3 -90's no problem.

i'll post a link for the photos.

rick.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=26368&page=2

see post #1 and 15 for my photos.
      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-10-2009, 01:54 AM.
      phoebe it is

Comment

it's not the passage of the camera head through the pipe as much as being able to locate any issues. it's virtually impossible without water flow and associated bubbles

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
        X