X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro question

We got one when they first came out, and love it, but it does not have the sonde and we are going to get the 65 foot with the sonde in the next couple of days, I think I saw somewhere you can get it with battery and a plug, does anyone know if you can ? it would be nice to have a plug for when the battery gets low or in my case, someone forgets to recharge

Re: Micro question

craig, unless you're runing through toilets or pvc pool 90's i would get the 100' microreel. a stiffer push rod and the ability to get out all 100'. same size carrying case as the 30' microdrain.

the microexplorer uses a battery pack, but any ridgid / seesnake monitor will work with the right interconnect cord.

see this link for more info.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Camera-Reels/EN/index.htm

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I was trying to see the difference, then I watched the video and the micro is the one I want, these units are really cool, and so easy to do almost anything with , it is true the 30 foot I got awhile back, once you get it all out, it really starts to coil in the line, so the Micro will solve that and with the Sonde built in, perfect
      Last edited by Hulihan; 02-23-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

One more ?, I gather you have one Rick, how long does the battery last with the sonde on, I find that the one we have witch is the basic 30 foot first one they came out with last pretty long, not sure how long, but long enough, with the sonde on, does it last long enough to locate the line and still check the line ?

Comment

i never have just 1 of anything except a wife and baby

the sonde should only be used when you are ready to locate. it does run down the battery faster. if you're using the microexplorer, definatly get a second and third battery.

if it's the dvdpack, the batteries are much larger and last a long time.

if you need a demo, let me know. we've met before can meet you at hajoca cc or in mdr on your boat

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I really do not remember you, but I am going to order one in the morning, I have 2 Scooter black and white cameras I am selling, if you know anyone, watch, soon they will come with the 110 power option THANKS for your guidance !

Comment

craig, wait till next saturday at the phcc trade show. you shouls be able to get a better deal there.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I did not even think about that, they are out and Ridgid has none till the 8th of March , every year the Trade show falls on my daughters Bday, this year she will be 18, so we may not go

Comment

Seems everyone is out of the machines right now, so may not have a choice but to get at the trade show ! You can get with a counter , but I really do not need a counter

Comment

GOT THE MICRO CAM with the counter, got a sweet deal, so got the counter, love it, so easy to use, and you get a free battery if you register the reel and a free sd card if you register the micro explorer I love how easy it is to use and store and everything about it, so now we are set up, I like better than all my big reel cameras !

Comment

who had it in stock local? jm mckinney

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

AIS in Denver, and I have the DVDpak and cable adapter coming next Tuesday Stoked, I really like the Ridgid camera way more than any of my other ones, just better all the way around, and I love the 30ft micro cam, I even taped a sonde on it and traced a slap house up the coast and the GC was amazed what I was able to do with that little thing, but it worked and that what counts !
                        I was after the 110 for the micro reel, little pricey for a plug, but I can use it all their reels in the future , THANKS for all your guidance !!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X