Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Micro reel question Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Micro reel question

    Was sitting here looking at the all of the ways one can order this camera, and I have a question.

    What is the difference between "SS CCU" version & "mEXP CCU" version?

    I think my brain hurts from all of the different versions you can order this thing in.

  • #2
    Re: Micro reel question

    not looking at the catalog #'s.

    but the ss ccu sounds like a see snake cable connection with the mexp sounds like a micro explorer connection.

    meaning the inter connect cable is configured for the standard seesnake or the micro explorer pin connection.

    personally i would go seesnake connection. of course you could always buy the microexplorer connection separately.

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Micro reel question

      Rick, can the micro reel really be pushed out 100ft?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Micro reel question

        all dependant on the pipe size, material and changes of direction.

        but i would say yes with the right conditions. i've done it at times and other times no.

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Micro reel question

          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          all dependant on the pipe size, material and changes of direction.

          but i would say yes with the right conditions. i've done it at times and other times no.

          rick.
          So basically...if I want to reach those distances..Mini see snake is my answer cause of the push rod?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Micro reel question

            the mini seesnake 100' -200' will out push a seesnake microreel 99% of the time. so long as the larger camera will fit in the pipe. the push rod is stiffer and more forgiving. along with a more forgiving spring leader.

            but remember that a mini is over twice the price and over twice the size.

            if all i could afford at the time was a micro, then you can't go wrong.

            but if i could spring for the extra $$, then the mini 200' seesnake would be my choice.

            of course if you do camera inspections for a living, then every tool/ camera would be in truck. which it is

            for the type of work most of us do, a mini 200' would be my first choice.

            rick.
            phoebe it is

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Micro reel question

              Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              the mini seesnake 100' -200' will out push a seesnake microreel 99% of the time. so long as the larger camera will fit in the pipe. the push rod is stiffer and more forgiving. along with a more forgiving spring leader.

              but remember that a mini is over twice the price and over twice the size.

              if all i could afford at the time was a micro, then you can't go wrong.

              but if i could spring for the extra $$, then the mini 200' seesnake would be my choice.

              of course if you do camera inspections for a living, then every tool/ camera would be in truck. which it is

              for the type of work most of us do, a mini 200' would be my first choice.

              rick.
              So what you're saying is..a Micro isn't a bad second choice if push comes to shove?

              We are about to buy a brand new truck, and the K-60 is on the way once I sell my K-75A and we are buying a Powermate, cause pop is getting up there in age. But we have some wiggle room to buy a camera, and it's not like we can't afford to go out and buy top of the line stuff, we just don't take loans out for tools or equipment. If the business doesn't have money set aside for the purchase...that purchase doesn't happen until the business pays for it. But If I'm gonna sink $3k plus on a micro and a few thousand more gets me the Mini..I might just wait.

              We lost 2 jobs this past week cause we don't have a camera. One is my condo complex, and I watched R.R. out there digging when i got home from work, and that should of been us out there.

              I'm just itching to get a camera.

              I agree with you..if locating and drain cleaning were our main focus..we would have the equipment already, and this would be a non issue.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Micro reel question

                you got it right flux.

                the micro makes for a great second camera. but the primary should be at least a mini or full size seesnake.

                now the monitor has lots of wiggle room. depending on your needs and preferences. there's lots to debate on the monitor choices.

                the scout is great for locating the camera. more money and you can get into the navitrack or sr-20/60.

                time for more decisions

                rick.
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Micro reel question

                  Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  you got it right flux.

                  the micro makes for a great second camera. but the primary should be at least a mini or full size seesnake.

                  now the monitor has lots of wiggle room. depending on your needs and preferences. there's lots to debate on the monitor choices.

                  the scout is great for locating the camera. more money and you can get into the navitrack or sr-20/60.

                  time for more decisions

                  rick.
                  It's frustrating for me right now, because "I want" but can't have yet. Then here you come as a "voice of reason" to squash my dreams like my father would do.

                  But I would rather buy it once and have it be the right choice, than buy on impulse and get something that's under par.

                  Monitor? who said anything about monitors..the camera alone is gonna kill me in the wallet! lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Micro reel question

                    let me give you a good bit of advise.

                    the monitor is more important to have than a locater.

                    without a monitor, you can't see the problem.

                    without a locater you can't find the problem.

                    my advise is you need all 3

                    but the monitor should come before the locater.

                    rick.
                    phoebe it is

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Micro reel question

                      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      let me give you a good bit of advise.

                      the monitor is more important to have than a locater.

                      without a monitor, you can't see the problem.

                      without a locater you can't find the problem.

                      my advise is you need all 3

                      but the monitor should come before the locater.

                      rick.
                      and bankruptcy will come before success of obtaining all 3 pieces!

                      Locator will definitely be last...I just want to be able to get in and see the problem.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X